Fyers 30 Days Challenge - Discussion

lemondew

Are you using fyers api. Any reviews on fyers api. Very curious. Would want to open a trading account for api..

Can muliple orders on multiple symbols be sent simultaneously or one needs a monitor approach block and hold resource complete order and then only send next order?

30 day challenge is the policy of Fyers. Not mine.

My words is very bad for you, but when you know, why I am writing this, you will use more negatives words then me.

I am pissed off with their excuses, that back office under repair or new features are being incorporated
When ever

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
Are you using fyers api. Any reviews on fyers api. Very curious. Would want to open a trading account for api..

Can muliple orders on multiple symbols be sent simultaneously or one needs a monitor approach block and hold resource complete order and then only send next order?
Hi @lemondew,

1. You still don't have an account with us? To use our APIs, you will need to be our client.

2. No, the user cannot send multiple orders on multiple symbols simultaneously but the user do not have wait for the order to be executed and then place the next order. Once a request is made for order placement it is recommended that user waits for the response of that request as they can get to know whether it was a success or failure and then place the next order.

I hope this clarifies.

lemondew

Hi,

What is a typical response time?

Can response be lost due to loss of connectivity from my end.

Can i just place order requests without waiting for a response. Can i place requests one after other after a lag of 1 second.

I ll check the trade book periodically for order matching with my logs...

Hi @lemondew,

1. You still don't have an account with us? To use our APIs, you will need to be our client.

2. No, the user cannot send multiple orders on multiple symbols simultaneously but the user do not have wait for the order to be executed and then place the next order. Once a request is made for order placement it is recommended that user waits for the response of that request as they can get to know whether it was a success or failure and then place the next order.

I hope this clarifies.

lemondew

I have something else going on difficult to change for anyone. Would have to think out how to work with your api. Generally The focus is more analytics but if the api is reliable and can make things faster nothing like it.

TracerBullet

Hello,
A) If say i place multiple orders in different threads, will there be an issue ? They will be independent bracket/cover orders.
If its an issue, then please consider adding support for an array of orders in place_orders/modify/cancel. My use case is to send a few variable number of orders every x minutes, usually none but sometimes they can come up together and waiting for a full roundtrip for every order seems unecessary. You can have a max count if thats an issue.

Another thing you can consider adding later, if possible, is some kind of callback on order fill/cancel etc, so we dont have to keep checking orderbook and take up your server time.

B) I have never used bracket/cover orders yet but would like to do so. Two possible issues were 1) Seemingly bad implementation in Nest/Zerodha with multiple complaints of order getting stuck 2) Multiple stop orders on multiple fills and multiple brokerage on it.
Hopefully, bracket/cover orders are stable in Fyers, you seem to have good reputation from what i have heard so far. I would like to understand the multiple stop order issue. For stop-limit orders can i assume that this will happen only when the limit is breached without full fill and then later price retraces ?
And so this will never happpen for a SLM order which gets filled instantly ? Even if there are multiple fills shown in tradebook, they all happen together.

C) How stable are the API servers in your opinion ? Would you consider them to be in beta/testing phase ?

Thanks

Last edited:

lemondew

What i meant is transition would require some work in terms of designing an ordering system based on features whic you provide plus testing it before one moves to your platform. This takes a good deal of work since a trader generally moves towards more analytics to find edge.

Ultimately, our API should be used for trading purposes on our systems.

We plan to introduce some changes in the 30 Day Challenge this year! Any suggestions?

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk
1) Make it monthly, beginning on the 1st of every month, compulsorily ending on the last session of the month, regardless of the number of sessions passed since the beginning.

Monthly is more compatible with our thinking.

2) Automatic renewal, with an option to discontinue midway.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
1) Make it monthly, beginning on the 1st of every month, compulsorily ending on the last session of the month, regardless of the number of sessions passed since the beginning.

Monthly is more compatible with our thinking.

2) Automatic renewal, with an option to discontinue midway.
Hi @timepass,

1. Clients are active at different times of the month and we add clients every day. Making it compulsory to start at the beginning of the month is not feasible.

2. If implemented, anyone will discontinue and re-start after a few bad trades.