FXcentral data for Intraday realtime data MT4 - review

ragsid

Hi All,

I am looking for good/reliable intraday data. So, I would like to get review from all of you who has/had subscribed to the FXcentral intraday/realtime data for MT4 in terms like:

1. Data reliability.
2. Support and service from the FXcentral people.
3. Downtime or backup servers.
4. Speed and authentic data.

Early they used to have lot of downtime etc, support was kind of OK, not that great, would like to know if its better now, interms like backup servers, good support and service.

Please let me know your feedback.

Thanks.

Hello,

I am using Fx central data service for the last three months. I find it reliable.

Their service is good . No idea about backup servers etc that you better ask them . Data reliability is good and updation is very fast. Login is no problem and i have not faced any disconnections or lag in updation so far.

Do not ask me about each and every tick updation or any tick missing etc, Since i do not require that millisecond precise data for my trading style. I found it updating quotes same as my RK Global Odin, Angel Odin and Edelwiess Nest.

Before i subscribed to FX central i was using Free GTI MT4 for Nifty data but not good for reliable trading.

The best advantage with FX central is you can get NSE & MCX data on Metatrader4. I was a long time user of Amibroker with data services from e-signal, Market data provider etc. Amibroker is Ok but I find MT4 much better and very useful for creating good trading systems

Since MT4 is used by large number of traders all over the world you have access to a number of MT4 open forums for latest trading systems and indicators which can be applied to NSE Indexes and stocks. All i can say is switching to MT4 has improved my day trading to very satisfactory levels and thanks to FX central for providing data.

It is better you tryout FX central because your requirement may not be the same as mine.

Regards

Saji

ragsid

Hello,

I am using Fx central data service for the last three months. I find it reliable.

Their service is good . No idea about backup servers etc that you better ask them . Data reliability is good and updation is very fast. Login is no problem and i have not faced any disconnections or lag in updation so far.

Do not ask me about each and every tick updation or any tick missing etc, Since i do not require that millisecond precise data for my trading style. I found it updating quotes same as my RK Global Odin, Angel Odin and Edelwiess Nest.

Before i subscribed to FX central i was using Free GTI MT4 for Nifty data but not good for reliable trading.

The best advantage with FX central is you can get NSE & MCX data on Metatrader4. I was a long time user of Amibroker with data services from e-signal, Market data provider etc. Amibroker is Ok but I find MT4 much better and very useful for creating good trading systems

Since MT4 is used by large number of traders all over the world you have access to a number of MT4 open forums for latest trading systems and indicators which can be applied to NSE Indexes and stocks. All i can say is switching to MT4 has improved my day trading to very satisfactory levels and thanks to FX central for providing data.

It is better you tryout FX central because your requirement may not be the same as mine.

Regards

Saji
Saji, Thanks for the reply. I agree about the trading styles, it could be totally different. One thing definitely shouldn't happen is the missing candles in the 5 mins chart itself or the data is very much delayed like 1 min delayed (I know normal days this is not required, at times like fall, it will be very tough to understand whats really happening). Also, I agree your point about MT4, even I like MT4 better than other charting softwares, though one thing I miss in MT4 is a good detailed info market watch/quote window. Also, looks like FXcentral increased their prices recently??

To check if there are backup servers for MT4, on the right bottom corner you see the connection status, if you click on that, you see login and re-scan servers options, below that you will have servers mentioned, I remember last time (more than a year back) when I took their demo they just had one server, usually FX brokers with MT4 will have 3-4 servers, can you please check how many servers you see now there?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hello,

I checked and i could not find re-scan servers options. In the server box there is only one Fx Central server. I did not find any missing candles in my trading timeframe. Certainly data updation is not delayed.

Better you ask for a demo .

Regards

Saji

ragsid

Hello,

I checked and i could not find re-scan servers options. In the server box there is only one Fx Central server. I did not find any missing candles in my trading timeframe. Certainly data updation is not delayed.

Better you ask for a demo .

Regards

Saji
Saji,

I sent you a PM, can you please reply to the PM.

Regards.

ragsid

Saji,

I took the subscription from FXcentral for the real time data.

My review for 2 days:

The data is pretty good/fast. Hopefully it stays so, and dont have any problem with their connections as they have just one server that the clients are connected to, if the connection goes down or some issue at their end we will miss out the data. Hope that wont happen, till then its fine I feel. Also, they show the number of trades than the volumes.

Coming to MT4, its a very good platform for charting and analysis and the data rendering is really smooth. One can have many trading systems and its easy. One thing that I miss a lot is that Mt4 doesnt have a good quote window or market watch window for real time quotes. They do have "Pop-up prices", which shows the bid/ask and high/low, but they dont have volume, % change, price change and lot other columns in there, the thing I miss most is %change and volume in a market watch window and if its futures/options open interest and % change open interest from previous day. Is there any way to get %change and change price in the pop-up prices or the market watch or quotes kind of window in MT4 for the scrips, also a way to sort the scrips based on ascending and descending order for name, %change and price change.

Cheers!

Hello

Yes like you said earlier FX Central data is very good . Past few days i was checking with NSE Now Terminal and NSE Now web version. Data updation was very good and no disconnections. I think it is worth the money if they can keep up this standards.

Regarding MT4 requirement do a google search . Most probably some one would have had a similar requirement like yours and a solution would have been posted in some of the forex forums.

Regards

Saji

ragsid

Hello

Yes like you said earlier FX Central data is very good . Past few days i was checking with NSE Now Terminal and NSE Now web version. Data updation was very good and no disconnections. I think it is worth the money if they can keep up this standards.

Regarding MT4 requirement do a google search . Most probably some one would have had a similar requirement like yours and a solution would have been posted in some of the forex forums.

Regards

Saji
I did search and this is what I could get (dailyChange, attached file), but its only on the chart that you select and viewing, you can see the % change from previous day.

ragsid

Saji,

I would also like to know, lets say if you want to look at charts of 100 scrips, which are in your radar, wonder is there any quick way to look at the charts in MT4, in the Trading system window that you follow.

The closest what I found was, lets say you have the system on a chart window, from the market watch if you drag n drop the scrip name to the same chart window, you would get the chart in the same window with same trading system that you've applied. I wonder if there is any better and faster way of browsing the charts.

Last edited: