Futures Trading with No Risk

Hello Traderji Members,

I am a new member here.

I have been doing equity trading for sometime (Icicidirect's brokerage is probably the HIGHEST in market).

Even though I have heard about derivatives & commodities, I never explored or traded in them.

Recently, a trading firm approached me with following:
1) Guaranteed 5% monthly returns from Nifty Futures.
2) Returns will be deposited on day of expiry (i.e. last Thursday of month)
3) 25% will be the commission
4) The investment has to be minimum 5 Lakh. It can be cash or in the form of stocks or mutual funds.
5) 5% monthly return shall be independent of the performance of the stock or fund (i.e. the return given by the stock or fund will be over & above 5%).
6) On day of expiry, all open positions are squared off. So, either there is profit or there is "no profit no loss". The maximum risk is less than 1%.
7) The trades are done by NSE certified professionals and there is no fudging or gambling or manipulation involved. All trades & returns will be will be reflected in my online trading/demat account

I hold mutual funds of few lakhs. Please throw light on whether I should let those MFs to be used as margin for future trading as above. My MFs are giving moderate returns. I see no risk if they are used as margin for futures & give me additional returns.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Traderji Members,

I am a new member here.

I have been doing equity trading for sometime (Icicidirect's brokerage is probably the HIGHEST in market).

Even though I have heard about derivatives & commodities, I never explored or traded in them.

Recently, a trading firm approached me with following:
1) Guaranteed 5% monthly returns from Nifty Futures.
2) Returns will be deposited on day of expiry (i.e. last Thursday of month)
3) 25% will be the commission
4) The investment has to be minimum 5 Lakh. It can be cash or in the form of stocks or mutual funds.
5) 5% monthly return shall be independent of the performance of the stock or fund (i.e. the return given by the stock or fund will be over & above 5%).
6) On day of expiry, all open positions are squared off. So, either there is profit or there is "no profit no loss". The maximum risk is less than 1%.
7) The trades are done by NSE certified professionals and there is no fudging or gambling or manipulation involved. All trades & returns will be will be reflected in my online trading/demat account

I hold mutual funds of few lakhs. Please throw light on whether I should let those MFs to be used as margin for future trading as above. My MFs are giving moderate returns. I see no risk if they are used as margin for futures & give me additional returns.

Thanks in advance.
Don't fall into such traps...don't use your mutual funds for margins....without knowing any further details I can tell you that such schemes are fraud schemes.

Smart_trade

Tlahuicole

There is nothing called as "futures trading with no risk", Investing in equities is itself subject to market risks, people you say are trading in derivatives which definitely has a huge risk involved. Ask them to show their contract notes for last one year and see how they have performed.

Tlahuicole

Don't fall into such traps...don't use your mutual funds for margins....without knowing any further details I can tell you that such schemes are fraud schemes.

Smart_trade
As ST has said, don't fall into such traps. Mutual funds are one of the best investment avenues, don't lose them by using margin for derivative trading.