futures to be next

Dear All,

I am planning to enter into futures in a week's time. Is it possible to do intra day trading on "Next" month futures?

for example, i want to buy and sell in the same day itself on November future?
is it possible?

please clear my doubt.

regards
santhosh

santhosh2005 said:
Dear All,

I am planning to enter into futures in a week's time. Is it possible to do intra day trading on "Next" month futures?

is it possible?

please clear my doubt.

regards
santhosh
Hi santhosh,

Yes you can buy and sell futures of near month or far month on the same day. I have done it. But be careful about the discounts or premium it is at.When expiry time arrives you may see a lot of roll over to the nov futures. But the present market condition is-- be cautious at all levels, specially in futures you make a lot of money and if your stops are improper you may loose all the money. I think you can try options ( oct or nov, your wish)if you know it very well, in which your downside will be limited to the money you have paid and upside is unlimited.
bye
usha

santhosh2005 said:
Dear All,

is it possible?

please clear my doubt.

regards
santhosh
Yes,Santhosh,possible.

Hi,

you said premium/discount on futures. what does it? will discount or premium affect me if i buy and sell it same day.

please explain.

thanks
santhosh

usha said:
Hi santhosh,

Yes you can buy and sell futures of near month or far month on the same day. I have done it. But be careful about the discounts or premium it is at.When expiry time arrives you may see a lot of roll over to the nov futures. But the present market condition is-- be cautious at all levels, specially in futures you make a lot of money and if your stops are improper you may loose all the money. I think you can try options ( oct or nov, your wish)if you know it very well, in which your downside will be limited to the money you have paid and upside is unlimited.
bye
usha

Hi,

I started trading on futures today only after so many problems i had (personal Problems). Today is the first trading day for me after around 3 months.

I started with decent profit i believe. Today i bought "Cummins" at 165/- and sold it out at 167.75. More or less i didn't forget the technical analysis to some extent.

I have some questions and i request to answer any one has..

Can i withdraw the profit today itself after borkerage?? or should i wait till settlement day? will premium or discount affect my profit in any way? Please explain.

I am using sharekhan software. On that Market window watch, there is "Open Interest" detaisl like, Current OI, Hight of OI, Low of OI.(these three will go up or down)

One more detail is there that is " Cost of Carry" against High of OI and Low of OI.

What does it mean that "Cost of Carry"? How to interpret that? It is going up and down even in minus(-).

Please can any one explain?

thanks in advance.
santhosh

santhosh2005 said:
Hi,

I started trading on futures today only after so many problems i had (personal Problems). Today is the first trading day for me after around 3 months.

I started with decent profit i believe. Today i bought "Cummins" at 165/- and sold it out at 167.75. More or less i didn't forget the technical analysis to some extent.

I have some questions and i request to answer any one has..

Can i withdraw the profit today itself after borkerage?? or should i wait till settlement day? will premium or discount affect my profit in any way? Please explain.

I am using sharekhan software. On that Market window watch, there is "Open Interest" detaisl like, Current OI, Hight of OI, Low of OI.(these three will go up or down)

One more detail is there that is " Cost of Carry" against High of OI and Low of OI.

What does it mean that "Cost of Carry"? How to interpret that? It is going up and down even in minus(-).

Please can any one explain?

thanks in advance.
santhosh
santhosh,

why you need to trader futures, if at all you want to close the trade the same day? you can rather go for intraday trading.

anyhow, its your choice. Also, looks like fomr your posts, you havent still learnt what are meant by Futures, COC, OI (its impact on price), at Premium and at Discount, rolling your trade to next cycle, and settlement date and settlement price.

having the key of car isn't enough to drive, one time you may be successful in taking a little past corner, but you cant control when it starts getting out of control.

Sorry to dissapoint you, as a true friend from the forum, I discourage people to do futures. why prepare for 10th class exams, when you haven't/couldn't passed 1st class exams?

Satya

Hello Santosh,
I agree with Srisara partly----Though nothing wrong in trading with futures--even on intraday basis----but u must be very much knowledgable---about the downfalls---A bit of miscalculation---can erode ur whole Assets---its always advicasable to do ur homeworks---properly--before playing with F&O---or u must be financially very stable---with a lot of inside info---to survive regularly in F&O---As on my behalf I prefer trading in options--the downfall limited(but not really so limited as the word may appear)----
In a way---Srisara has spoken a crude truth---why prepare for 10th class exams, when you haven't/couldn't passed 1st class exams?
Hope ,u donot misunderstand---all of us--
Regards,
joy_mitali

rangarajan

For an average trader,as brought out by Sri,futures should be avoided(first hand exp) & stick to cash.it is easy to lose money & sometime yr capital too.
The problem is trading psychology.Enjoy yr cash trade esp delivery based.
ranga

Everybody has advised santosh what he should do with his money but nobody has amswered the questions he asked regarding cost of carry, open interest et al.Maybe we could turn this into an agony aunt column.