Futures swing trading

I have been swing trading futures for some time now.I have few futures which i have been trading.My idea of a swing trading is always i have that future either i am long or short. That way I am not bothered about market movement as i will always move with the market. I will post two of my trades in this forum and you can watch how it is progressing.I use one hour bar ,MACD,PSAR,ADX and my judgment which i have gained now. My rules are

a) I hold the futures- either i am long or short.
b) I keep stop losses to protect my capital and profit is booked when i reverse my position.so i dont have a set target as i move with the price with a stoploss.
c) I KEEP LOSSES ONLY AFTER 10.00 AM.I take decision at 10 AM to hold or reverse and there after every 1 hour. I DONOT ENTER ANY TRADE AFTER 2.45 PM. I WAIT FOR 10 AM NEXT DAY.
d)I use 1 hr bars as i have found this gives better results, less whipsaws ,less no of trades, and no tension.(Only my broker is not very happy). Even if I miss one bar still i can reverse my position on next bar.( I am employed so I do not sit in front of PC whole day)
e) If I have a Gap opening still i decide after 10 AM only and go with market.
please watch my trades.
f) I have few selected futures and i am married to them.some for last two years. I do not look at others and you dont have to.

CANARA BANK - Short at RS 400 from 1400 hrs on 7 jun 13.Still short.waiting for reversal with stoploss 384. i will not book profit now but go long at the appropriate level.

RELIANCE CAPITAL- went long on 14 /6/13 at 330 .(went up to 350 yesterday)Today Gap down opening.Short at 336 at 10 AM - Profit 6 points ,stop loss is 348 .
AXIS Bank -I am short from 22/5 /13 at 1500.Now my SL is 1280.

I will update only CANARA BANK AND RELIANCE CAPITAL.

THE STOP LOSSES ARE KEPT SO THAT IT IS NOT HIT AND I CAN REVERSE THE TRADE BEFORE IT IS HIT.

I will update these trades every day with slop losses.:clap:

Last edited:
Hello

I do keep a stop loss to safe guard the capital.It is generally SAR value with a filter depending on the Futures price. But i will reverse my trade before the stop loss is hit.:clap:

Hello

CANBK SL IS NOW 348
RELCAP SL HIT AT 322 - PROFIT FROM LAST TRADE 8 POINTS .TOTAL PROFIT FROM 2 TRADES FROM 14/6 IS 14 POINTS(RS 14000).
AXIS BANK WILL REVERSE AT 1268. :thumb:

Hello

CANBK closed at 347 .Profit is 400-347= 53 points per lots
Rel Capital went long at 328 on 26 /6 but closed today at 323. loss of 5 points.Now the profit has come down to Rs 9000 in the trade on this future.

AXIS bank closed at 1260 and went long jul futures.( profit points 240 per lot(lot size is 250)

Present positions which will be followed up

CANBK went long at 342
RELCAP went long at 325

i have not kept a stop loss and will do only tomorrow after 10 AM.Please share your views .

Last edited:
Present positions which will be followed up

CANBK went long at 342
RELCAP went long at 325

i have not kept a stop loss and will do only tomorrow after 10 AM.Please share your views .

Nice work, and good method of trading adjusted to your work routine and time available to trade/monitor markets

As you are already doing it for past 2 years or so . . . you have already taken care of and dealt with Greed & Fear :D

So, just keep doing whats working for you :thumb:

Hello

I have closed my CANBK with 3 points of profit as +DI to Cross -DI. Also i am not comfortable today as although Nifty moved very high other stocks have not come in the buy mode still. So i will wait till monday and only holding RELCAPITAL

Hello

Went long on CANBK futures at 362 Sl 350
Reliance capital long sl is now at 338 (Went long at 325).Now already in profit. I call carry this position with trailing SL.:thumb:

Hello

Went long on CANBK futures at 362 Sl 350
Reliance capital long sl is now at 338 (Went long at 325).Now already in profit. I call carry this position with trailing SL.:thumb:
reg today post rel cap long at 325 ok.sl 338 or 318.kindly how to see i hour chart,how to take high ,low statergy,macd,and with ur indicator.