Fundamentals & Technicals Thread-NIFTY June 2008 Onwards

General Discussion thread for the Nifty.
Broadly on Fundamentals & Technicals Marriage.

Have seen that there are too many threads popping up,some focusing on tech and others on pure news.

Can we have a low level discussion ground for the not so expert people.
Starting with Crude.
A. Where is crude headed to?
B. CRR hike..more pain this week?
C. Why is RIL getting Hammered?
D. Will Lehman Close Shop?

regards

General Discussion thread for the Nifty.
Broadly on Fundamentals & Technicals Marriage.

Have seen that there are too many threads popping up,some focusing on tech and others on pure news.

Can we have a low level discussion ground for the not so expert people.
Starting with Crude.
A. Where is crude headed to?
B. CRR hike..more pain this week?
C. Why is RIL getting Hammered?
D. Will Lehman Close Shop?

regards
Hard to predict anything short term - longer term, crude may be going up vs the dollar as dollar collapses, just my guess. Take a look at Euro vs Crude, then you get a better picture.

Chances are that Lehman won't become another Bear. Fed has a pipeline connected between their printing press and the investment banks- and RBI is doing an Indian version of this by keeping low on the Rupee. As I mentioned over a month ago, CRR hike won't do a thing - commodity ( including energy ) prices are not related to CRR hikes; rather tied to the dollar.

Again...remember this when you shop for food and vegetables.

Last edited:
Truly said.
What do u think will be todays closing?
2scared, Index values don't mean much nowadays. Metals/energy/commodity ETFs and futures generally do good during economic crisis. Helps to short those financials and real estate as well :)
As always, best to do our own homework

The only optimism for the bears yesterday was that the gap up we had yesterday was not closed,hence many i suppose have held on to their shorts.lucky for them the gap will be closed today...
all the best