Frustrated by the lack of online communities for Indian traders

Hi all,

So I tend visit Traderji from time to time, mostly to find answers to age old questions. It has always irked me that the Indian trading community is so scattered and that there's a lack of genuine discussions online. Whatsapp and telegram groups are mostly just chit chat (or some dude trying to sell services,) so those have put me off completely.

I'm just your regular trader with a modest account and with hopes of growing it, since my day job does allow significant leeway till 12:00pm (plenty of time to put in some trades.) I've an account on zerodha and interactive brokers, and I just want to learn from fellow traders tips and tricks to better utilise my platforms as well as refining our strategies.

PS: has this forum been on a state of decline for a while now? Lots of old threads with random bumps, would be great to know where the discussions happen!

travi

Hi all,

So I tend visit Traderji from time to time, mostly to find answers to age old questions. It has always irked me that the Indian trading community is so scattered and that there's a lack of genuine discussions online. Whatsapp and telegram groups are mostly just chit chat (or some dude trying to sell services,) so those have put me off completely.

I'm just your regular trader with a modest account and with hopes of growing it, since my day job does allow significant leeway till 12:00pm (plenty of time to put in some trades.) I've an account on zerodha and interactive brokers, and I just want to learn from fellow traders tips and tricks to better utilise my platforms as well as refining our strategies.

PS: has this forum been on a state of decline for a while now? Lots of old threads with random bumps, would be great to know where the discussions happen!
bhai, you say you tend to visit Traderji from time to time but you joined today only to post your 1st message.

Dont take it wrong, but isn't this a bit selfish ?
A forum can run well if all contribute. Anonymous readers are many, but what is the use if they don't contribute?
You are one of them and then you are "irked" bcos it is scattered ?

Instead pls post and ask those anonymous / just reader a/c's to participate and make the forum lively.

Snake oil sellers wont last long here bcos they know they'll be exposed or get busted so they will go to Social Media and get fan following.
Atleast that way you know members here take it seriously when it involves helping others.

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Hi all,

This forum is a goldmine. So to get gold you need to dig deeper. You will find everything here. Happy digging.

Thx for the welcome guys.
Dont take it wrong, but isn't this a bit selfish ?
A forum can run well if all contribute. Anonymous readers are many, but what is the use if they don't contribute?
You are one of them and then you are "irked" bcos it is scattered ?
No issues, you can ask me anything. I've been trading for about 2 years but lurking here for maybe like 2 and half months at most. Before, I mostly just used to buy and hold equities to do some positional trades where I sell them after maybe a few weeks to a month or two. Maybe some options contract if I felt fancy.

Now after the corona crash (wow, that feels like a distant past...), I do trade a lot more frequently and intraday. So broker issues were more recurrent and while searching for an answer, I landed upon here. That's about it really. Either way, I'll stick around and contribute, but forgive me if I'm slow on the uptake.
This forum is a goldmine. So to get gold you need to dig deeper. You will find everything here. Happy digging.
Thanks. Okay, guess I'll have to dig!

Happy to welcome you to traderji. It’s a perfect and genuine forum for traders to communicate with fellow traders. As for your trading, you can start from analysing the stocks and market movements. Try to predict the market movement and invest in the right stocks.

I can’t comment whether this forum’s going downhill or not but yeah I got to read lots of useful comments and suggestions on different threads by fellow traders.

I believe the site navigation is pretty decent and in case you need to seek any suggestion, just start a new thread. It’s not that complicated actually.

I think traderji is a good community forum for traders. I have found many great threads and got helpful information many times. As long as the members in a forum post relevant and quality content, a forum will always survive.