Friday's over, Monday beckons !!

Some week-end banter & hope for a good week ahead.......

QUOTE...

Ah! For all of you who wake up grouchy on a MONDAY morning, or is it Tuesday, or Wednesday, or Thursday or Friday, heres something for you:

.....An officer who had some urgent business to transact reluctantly dialed his assistant at six o clock in the morning. After several rings a sleepy female voice answered and told him he had the wrong number. He apologized, hung up and scouted in vain for his telephone diary to re check the number. A little while later he risked dialing again and was embarrassed to hear the same voice. Expecting a rebuff, he started to apologize profusely. But the woman interrupted him. Theres no need to be sorry, she said assuringly. Im sitting by my window enjoying a truly beautiful sunrise. I would have missed it if it hadnt been for your previous call which brought me here. Thanks! .....

Well, well, well, havent we all been woken up by some nut who cant dial right. I wonder whether we can convert that irritation into a God given moment, a moment when one can view beauty as the lady did, or maybe just lie in bed and be thankful for being able to lie in bed and having a bed..!

.....At a high rise building in a large city, the manager of a company was waiting for the lift on a bleak Monday morning. He was soon joined by a lady from his department who was humming away cheerfully. Being of a grouchy disposition, he turned to her angrily and asked, What is there for you to be so happy about? Pat came her sing song reply: I have never lived this day before! .....

I love that statement. Can you imagine what it is to look forward to a brand new day. When all thats happened yesterday is over and done with and the today beckons, fresh and innocent and ready to be used in whatever way you wish? When the skier is bluer! The air fresher! The sunshine warmer! There will always be kill joys like that man in the lift, who snarl and growl and make the day worse for everybody around, but you dont have to pick up their mood not at all:

.....The story is told of how a village bully once used abusive language against Buddha who was passing by. Turning to him without flinching, Buddha asked, Son, if a person declines a gift offered to him, to whom does the gift belong? To the donor,I suppose, said the man. My son, said Buddha, I decline to accept your abuse, please keep it for yourself..! .....

Ah! For all of you who wake up grouchy on a Monday morning, or is it Tuesday, or Wednesday, or Thursday or Friday, like I said, heres something for you to think about..!

... UNQUOTE

CHEERS & HAVE A GREAT WEEK-END FOLKS. (Yes! I am shouting here). :D

nkpanjiyar said:
jaideep, nice motivation friend. It changes the perspective of thinking. Good one.

cheers,
nkpanjiyar
Am glad you heard my shout nk. Cheers & have a great week-end, now that you're motivated. Use a little more motivation if needed (the one that's in the 2nd state of physical matter) to face the week ahead broadside. ;)

vince

Great anecdotes jaideep. They definitely help to build the mood for a great weekend and I wish you have the same.

regards

Vince

jaideep said:
Some week-end banter & hope for a good week ahead.......

QUOTE...

Ah! For all of you who wake up grouchy on a MONDAY morning, or is it Tuesday, or Wednesday, or Thursday or Friday, heres something for you:

.....An officer who had some urgent business to transact reluctantly dialed his assistant at six o clock in the morning. After several rings a sleepy female voice answered and told him he had the wrong number. He apologized, hung up and scouted in vain for his telephone diary to re check the number. A little while later he risked dialing again and was embarrassed to hear the same voice. Expecting a rebuff, he started to apologize profusely. But the woman interrupted him. Theres no need to be sorry, she said assuringly. Im sitting by my window enjoying a truly beautiful sunrise. I would have missed it if it hadnt been for your previous call which brought me here. Thanks! .....

Well, well, well, havent we all been woken up by some nut who cant dial right. I wonder whether we can convert that irritation into a God given moment, a moment when one can view beauty as the lady did, or maybe just lie in bed and be thankful for being able to lie in bed and having a bed..!

.....At a high rise building in a large city, the manager of a company was waiting for the lift on a bleak Monday morning. He was soon joined by a lady from his department who was humming away cheerfully. Being of a grouchy disposition, he turned to her angrily and asked, What is there for you to be so happy about? Pat came her sing song reply: I have never lived this day before! .....

I love that statement. Can you imagine what it is to look forward to a brand new day. When all thats happened yesterday is over and done with and the today beckons, fresh and innocent and ready to be used in whatever way you wish? When the skier is bluer! The air fresher! The sunshine warmer! There will always be kill joys like that man in the lift, who snarl and growl and make the day worse for everybody around, but you dont have to pick up their mood not at all:

.....The story is told of how a village bully once used abusive language against Buddha who was passing by. Turning to him without flinching, Buddha asked, Son, if a person declines a gift offered to him, to whom does the gift belong? To the donor,I suppose, said the man. My son, said Buddha, I decline to accept your abuse, please keep it for yourself..! .....

Ah! For all of you who wake up grouchy on a Monday morning, or is it Tuesday, or Wednesday, or Thursday or Friday, like I said, heres something for you to think about..!

... UNQUOTE

CHEERS & HAVE A GREAT WEEK-END FOLKS. (Yes! I am shouting here). :D
Very nice,Jaideep.......motivating and inspirational stories such as these cause a paradigm shift in one's outlook.....Thank you!

Saint

Humble thanks for all the Thanks guys. :eek:

Ain't an expert in TA but sure can do a good cheerleader's job I reckon. If my humble wordy posts can motivate & egg on everyone in this wonderful forum, teachers & learners alike, I'll be a happy soul. And, I indeed am one. :)

AMITBE

jaideep said:
Humble thanks for all the Thanks guys. :eek:

Ain't an expert in TA but sure can do a good cheerleader's job I reckon. If my humble wordy posts can motivate & egg on everyone in this wonderful forum, teachers & learners alike, I'll be a happy soul. And, I indeed am one. :)
Jaideep, one motivator as good as you is worth all the TAs put together here.
Great pearls of wisdom...cleansing thoughts...keep drenching us with these.
Thanks! :)

sh50

Excellent theme chosen, Jaideep. Monday mornings can indeed be taxing for many. Such examples do serve as a flip.When life offers a lemon, make a lemonade as they say.

The permanant solution to Monday morning blues can be if you really love the job that you are doing. Thomas Edison worked 18 hours a day but said it was all fun. It is the task of the HRD manager to make Monday mornings as attractive as Friday afternoons.

To put it poetically

Whether it be Friday or Monday
Each in its own way is a D-day
Each should be celebrated the way kids celebrate Birthday
One should be as charged the way electricity used to enthuse Michael Faraday
A lot of tommorows can depend upon how well you live your today
Better to be positive and celebrate rather than making it a doomsday
It can be a very good habit which automatically replicates everyday.

Only today I read in an article that Pain can turnout to be a treasure chest if you know where and how to look. Life can be unfair, cruel, a royal pain in the *** but the cold fact is it has to be lived. Such inspiring stories help. Hope more conrtibute

Last edited: