frequent crashing of OS.

SevenD

sr114

Besides rufus you can also try Microsoft utility, to create bootable usb drive

I've used this tool without any hiccups as easy as rufus, instruction to use and D/load in the above link.
if the iso is a collection - means a lot of goodies or 3rd party apps are added then MS utility will not work

but rufus can work in this case efficiently

shirajroz

if the iso is a collection - means a lot of goodies or 3rd party apps are added then MS utility will not work

but rufus can work in this case efficiently
Sirs,
Everytime whn Boot one of my Lappies (Os: XP,SP3), hve to Change the BootSector Priority to SATA from external HDD or some other Options/Disks and also hve to correct the Date n Time and Save the Changes but SAVE Changes will last only till Next booting. And in the Next Booting its the same story.

Is it a H/W issue ? , whts the remedy ? Pls Guide / HELP
Thank u All
Rgrds
--ShiraJ--

sr114

Sirs,
Everytime whn Boot one of my Lappies (Os: XP,SP3), hve to Change the BootSector Priority to SATA from external HDD or some other Options/Disks and also hve to correct the Date n Time and Save the Changes but SAVE Changes will last only till Next booting. And in the Next Booting its the same story.

Is it a H/W issue ? , whts the remedy ? Pls Guide / HELP
Thank u All
Rgrds
--ShiraJ--
change the battery powering the bios

and then change the OS to WIN 7 - u wont get any support for the xp stuff.

bharatk8

Before posting here I had contacted 3 hardware experts.All 3 of them suggested 3 different solutions for my PC.All of them were off the mark hence I wasted money in search of right solution.I request you to suggest a book which may help me in troubleshooting PC.

Last edited:
just reinstall windows u be fine... problem persist then it indicate a bad hdd sectors or ram ...
in your case looks like faulty ram or failing capacitor on motherboad...

check ram using memtest program
Code:
http://www.wikihow.com/Test-Your-Computer%27s-Ram
if above solution don;t help ..it;s time u take it to service center :)

Last time i had same problem it was capacitor

u want book Upgrading and Repairing PCs (22nd Edition): Scott Mueller lol it;s fat as hippo will take ages to read so go to service center for quick fix

Last edited: