Free Stock Ticker on your Desktop

pkjha30

Ticker Tape 1.1 is a free software which brings quote on you desktop from Yahoo Finance.

Link for the download site is TICKER TAPE 1.1

It supports Yahoo symbol list ( Including .NS prefix)
After installing the program it will display Nasdeq and S&P symbols. Right click on the Tape and click on the "Edit Symbols" menu. Delete all the available symbols and add your desired symbols such as TISCO.NS, SAIL.NS, IDBI.NS etc.

In this forum I have given Yahoo symbol list with and without .NS prefix. I have tried and it all works.

In the "options" menu you can prescribe update intervals and fields for display and color scheme.

It will sit unobstrusively on your desktop. Members may find it useful.

hmp

thanx a lot dear pkjha30 for providing us such a usefull information. now i can watch ticker on desktop. i want to know whether it displays nifty index also?
regards
hmp

pkjha30

hmp said:
thanx a lot dear pkjha30 for providing us such a usefull information. now i can watch ticker on desktop. i want to know whether it displays nifty index also?
regards
hmp
Dear

You have to add following sybmols
For SENSEX add " ^BSESN "
For NSE Nifty add " ^NSEI "
For NSE S&P CNX 500 " ^CRSLDX "
For NSE Nifty junior " ^NSMIDCP "
For CNX MIDCAP 200 " ^CRSMID "
FOR S&P DEFTY " ^NSED "
For BSE DX " ^BSEDX "
It will show both indices.
It does not seem to accept numerical values in the symbols
(Without quotation marks ,of course.)
Yahoo List is attached. Symbols from it can be used. If any symbol shows ??? marks means it is changed and you need to lookup here: Yahoo Symbol Look up
and enter the correct symbol.
Alternatively you can click on the symbol in the ticker tape and it will open up the page containing information about the script. If symbol is not working you can lookup in that window .

Regards.

Last edited:

raku

Hello everyone,
I installed ticker tape 1.3 . Now it's showing the rates for the shares like ACC,NDTV.
But not for companies like india cement etc. How can i get the rates. It shows only ??.?? instead of the actual rate. Please anybody help me to solve this problem. the symbol entered is proper.
thank you,

pkjha30

Dear Raku
Click on the symbol showing ??? and it will open up a yahoo page for symbol look up. Enter the name of the company select World market and click on look upand it will display Yahoo symbol.Incidently elsewhere in this forum I have posted Yahoo symbol list. You can check that.
Symbol Lookup

Yahoo symbol for India Cement is given below.

INDIACEM.NS ( NSE) and it works !!!!

Regards.

Last edited:
Excellent! pkjha30.

Keep up the good work... and Thanks again.

pkjha30

Hi

This is an excellent ticker and best is that it is free.

http://www.ticker-tape.com is the website. Current version is 1.3

Quite unobtrusive. Accepts Yahoo symbol.

Pankaj:)