Free stock charting software

hi everyone out there.
i am just a beginner in stock trading and really dont know how to go about it.i want to know where i can get a freeware technical analysis software for indian stocks which can really benefit me.
i have tried aptistock but evertime i begin to use it, it works well for 2 mins but then it gives the error message "a required dll is missing" and then i have to restart my computer
i have tried to use medved quote tracker but i dont understand how to use it and get information on indian stocks.
i want traderji and everyone out there to help me.
please suggest me a good software which i can understand and use as a beginner.
thanks in advance.

Last edited:
simpleman said:
hi everyone out there.
i am just a beginner in stock trading and really dont know how to go about it.i want to know where i can get a freeware technical analysis software for indian stocks which can really benefit me.
i have tried aptistock but evertime i begin to use it, it works well for 2 mins but then it gives the error message "a required dll is missing" and then i have to restart my computer
i have tried to use medved quote tracker but i dont understand how to use it and get information on indian stocks.
thanks in advance.
Hi simpleman,

As a beginner you will perhaps be better off with FreeCharts SE from http://www.spacejock.com. If your data is in Metastock binary format, you may try out Gannalyst Lite from http://www.gannalyst.com.

If you start looking for more features, use Fibotrader from http://www.fibotrader.com/sw_downloads.php.

Regards,

Debraj

Respected senior members,

In the forum i came to know that lots of them use TA and FUNDAMENTAL analysis, usually i follow the tips given by others and make nominal profit, but i dont how to do analysis on my own, will please some body guide me how to do the analysis properly, pl. suggest any websites/books/CD. I am residing in Banglore, if some body coaches me regarding the analysis, i will be greatfull, my mobile no: is 9448862985.

Thanks,

R. PRAKASH

jdm

hi prakash,
these books may prove helpful to you:

Trading in the Zone - Mark Douglas

Technical Analysis of the Finacial Markets - John J. Murphy

Technical Analysis from A to Z - Steven B. Achelis (go to equis.com)

Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns - Thomas N Bulkowski

Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques - Steve Nison

Bollinger On Bollinger Bands - Bollinger John

How To Trade In Stocks - Jesse Livermore

The Secret of Selecting Stocks for Immediate and Substantial Gains - Larry Williams

cheers,
jdm.

simpleman said:
thanks debraj
but what i want to know is how to download the data of nse & bse and how to use it with fcharts
please explain
simpleman
Hi simpleman,

Awfully sorry for my late reply. A very unusual circumstance prevented me from replying the day before yesterday. And all through yesterday I was so busy that I had to leave when my message to you was half-finished.

NSE Data: Perhaps the best thing would be to use Sataya's DataExtractor2 to download and convert nse data. Then import the converted txt files into FC by using the Import function.

BSE Data: This is where it gets tricky. I suggest you do these:

a) I have bse data from 2005. If you want I can upload it for you to download.

b) To update data daily download bse bhavcopy from bse site. Delete all fields except SC_CODE, OPEN, HIGH, LOW, CLOSE and NO_OF_SHRS. Manually insert date after SC_CODE. Save as csv. Now import it.

c) If you miss downloading data for a day, go to Yahoo group BSE-NSE 2005 and download from the file section. Alternatively you can download daily data for both bse and nse from there everyday.

Best regards,

Debraj

Last edited:

murthymsr

hi simpleman,

for help on Medwed Quote Tracker, you may visit the thread in this forum,

http://www.traderji.com/software/2621-how-get-intraday-quotes-using-medved-quotetracker-free.html

where there are about 140 posts, and will be highly useful. you may go through fully and install and configure the data sources and other options. it is a one time trouble, but life long enjoyment. as it is an adware, you get all the features, all the time.

if you are stuck-up in an issue not already covered in that thread, please post your question and somebody will allways be too happy to help you out.

happy trading.
murthymsr

simpleman said:
hi everyone out there.
thanks in advance.