FREE RTD SOFTWARE of josh 1 vs 300/ mnth for live data

narangji

I have configured it completely, Link to excel works, I can see charts in Amibroker too. But if you face any issue you have to wait for so many days for someone to reply. Sometimes people reply, sometimes they don't. If I have to wait so many days for something to work, I better be spending my time somewhere else as I loose interest. So i took the other way out of buying data for 500 a month. It works! If you have any issues they have professionals who will help you 24x7 who take control of your system and fix it in less then few seconds and you don't have to suffer.

Josh is nice and doing a good job, however many people just give up trying to configure his utility. I know a few personally.

TracerBullet

I have configured it completely, Link to excel works, I can see charts in Amibroker too. But if you face any issue you have to wait for so many days for someone to reply. Sometimes people reply, sometimes they don't. If I have to wait so many days for something to work, I better be spending my time somewhere else as I loose interest. So i took the other way out of buying data for 500 a month. It works! If you have any issues they have professionals who will help you 24x7 who take control of your system and fix it in less then few seconds and you don't have to suffer.

Josh is nice and doing a good job, however many people just give up trying to configure his utility. I know a few personally.
If you want 24x7 support, you have to pay people to do it, no other way. If you want free you have to take effort to understand how the tool works and get used whatever niggles/errors it might give.

Backfill is iffy, mainly due to NEST/Autoit as it can behave wierdly. Since i only use NIFTY Futures, i just manual copy and backfill as i used to do. Its fastest for me.

You can ask Yusi on how he does backfill from NEST (or just use his tool ) and josh/someone else can try to implement it in free time. I have heard that his backfill is seamless and reliable.

But i have not problems with RTDMan feed itself. Works perfectly for me ....

narangji

If you want 24x7 support, you have to pay people to do it, no other way. If you want free you have to take effort to understand how the tool works and get used whatever niggles/errors it might give.

Backfill is iffy, mainly due to NEST/Autoit as it can behave wierdly. Since i only use NIFTY Futures, i just manual copy and backfill as i used to do. Its fastest for me.

You can ask Yusi on how he does backfill from NEST (or just use his tool ) and josh/someone else can try to implement it in free time. I have heard that his backfill is seamless and reliable.

But i have not problems with RTDMan feed itself. Works perfectly for me ....

Did that, Yusi Expects gift vouchers from AMAZON etc etc. Its not rally free then, So I paid to a more relaible source and it works. Atleast I can get support whenever.

Whatever you say is true, when you get more and more into trading you care less about these things. What matters to you most is how to be a successful trader.

icharts is best in terms of legal and reliable data..using it from 2012
FYI
icharts, do not provide realtime data but real time charts and their charts are of no use for most of the members who are using formula language of some sorts etc. Moreover their charts are not for free or reasonable priced. huh

TracerBullet

FYI
icharts, do not provide realtime data but real time charts and their charts are of no use for most of the members who are using formula language of some sorts etc. Moreover their charts are not for free or reasonable priced. huh
But it is reliable for simple PA traders ... Once you dont care for minor costs (900 pm i think) then it does make sense. Simply open browser and there you go ...

arora

FYI
if i am investing my lakh of rupees in trading. i will surely look for reliable data. 1100 rupees month is nothing as compared to charts and service they provide. now they have mobile and tablet charts also in beta version . updating every three seconds. They also have back up charts in case there main server faces problem. reliable charts are very important.

Josh utility is easy to install . but i won't recommend it as it fetches backfill data from nest trader. nest trader charts data is in god's hand only. no professional trader will use that.

i have charts2win for amibroker data. however don't trust them only.
icharts for reliable charts and speed.

like for example if there is difference between candle closing price between these two providers i will trust icharts candle closing price

i use two data providers reason only for back up purposes.
like for electricity problem i have lead battery.
for net problem i am using two net providers airtel and idea 3g dongle.

same for miss fortunate data problem i have two data providers. so investing 1600 rupees per month on data. i don't think that's too much

good data is important for professional trading. :)

Last edited:

TracerBullet

nest trader charts data is in god's hand only. no professional trader will use that.
Actually i have generally found NEST Rtd data to be very similar to icharts chart ( that i see in a blog).

But you have to make sure that there is never any traffic spike in your network and have to manage backfills if it gets disconnected ( generally that happens on spikes if you start browsing etc ).

cloudTrader

I took a trial of tick by tick data which says of Rs. 300 pm data . I was not satisfied even in the trial itself . Whenever there was a spike in the volatility in the market , the quotes suddenly got very lagging. A fast Nifty move of 15 - 20 points could be easily missed by this lag.

If someone trades on higher time frames like 30 minutes and hourly can still manage with such data but traders involved with lower time frames of 3 min. or 5 min. will have trouble managing the lag in the charts.

This is my personal opinion after missing on few moves just because of the lag in candle formation.

Also the OHLC values through this data had lot of discrepancies compared to other popular RT data from GDFL .

But it is reliable for simple PA traders ... Once you dont care for minor costs (900 pm i think) then it does make sense. Simply open browser and there you go ...
You are correct when you say But it is reliable for simple PA traders but paying 900 - 1000 for such simple charts make no sense, particularly when such web based charts are available free on many websites. The funniest part of such an intraday chart is, there is no indication of the time frame of the chart on it, whether 5 min or hourly or daily etc. etc.