Free RT Datafeed Software (Yahoo,Odin,PIB etc) Demand & Development Cost

Hello All

I have been scouring the forums for RT datafeed and it seems that the best way to get it free of cost would be to get Data from Trading Clients like Odin, PIB etc. or from Yahoo (Google too?) feeds.

I find that to get these one has to buy some software or other which would get the data from the source app and give to you in the format required, maybe you will still require some conversion. Am I correct? or is some free software available that will get this done?

My research says that all such softwares are paid and if that is correct I am going to try to get such a software developed & put it in GPL license. Only as I use Linux & Mac too, the software will be written in an OS neutral language and may require some addon to be installed on Windows, for certain apps like PIB, but it will run on windows. AND it will be available free of cost to everyone.

Can you guys please confirm that any such free software is not available, Windows or Non-Windows?

And of course tell me, if you would like to use such a software. Also, what similar software you are using now to get your data & how are you paying for it? And which exchanges you use? Also, what data format e.g. Amibroker, Metastock, CSV etc. you normally need?