Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts MS

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh1

Re: Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts M

Hi Josh,(also greetings to all fellow traders)
How trading is going ?Guess some of the guys must'v made a killing in last 5-6 months.I was busy with some health issues in family but now evry thing OK.Started trading again today but hav bcome rusty with softwares.

A little help again pls,
Hav some issues with NowBackfi.xlsm. Getting RT data in symbols without the "-EQ" suffix (like ACC) but backfill occuring in symbols with that suffix (like ACC-EQ).This is creating 2 different charts in Amibroker - a live one and a static one.Not what I want.Cant figure out the issue.
Pls help.

regards

PKJ
I have given macros in latest backfill for removing -EQ or FUT. Use it.

Re: Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts M

I have given macros in latest backfill for removing -EQ or FUT. Use it.
Hi Josh thanks. I was able to remove the "-EQ" from symbols using the NowBackfill with the macros.

However there is a typho in the macro, instead of "Oldtext = Range("M22")
Newtext = Range("O22")" it should be "Oldtext = Range("O22")
Newtext = Range("Q22")" same with macro for "future".Changing this the macro works fine.

regards

PKJ

Hey Josh, I am trying to use this indispensable tool. I have the NOW platform.
I have done everything as per your instruction.
The backfill is successful but I am not getting the RT feed.
The RTNOW sheets are updating with RT Data from NOW.
C:\RT\MyCSVNow.txt is showing 0 bytes... It updates the moment I press on START RT Data and then becomes 0 bytes..
I have checked the permissions on that file and have set it to read and write...
The date format is set to dd/MM/yyyy

Where am I going wrong? Please guide me...

Thanks

PS:
I was using the RTNOW xlsm not from NOW folder, does it matter? If open RTNOW from NOW folder and paste Link to Excel, I get NA... If done from other folder on another drive I dont get NA...

Last edited:

josh1

Hey Josh, I am trying to use this indispensable tool. I have the NOW platform.
I have done everything as per your instruction.
The backfill is successful but I am not getting the RT feed.
The RTNOW sheets are updating with RT Data from NOW.
C:\RT\MyCSVNow.txt is showing 0 bytes... It updates the moment I press on START RT Data and then becomes 0 bytes..
I have checked the permissions on that file and have set it to read and write...
The date format is set to dd/MM/yyyy

Where am I going wrong? Please guide me...

Thanks
Good... That's the way info should be given.

Give me snapshots of NOW sheet of RTNOw.xlsm. Somehow, excel is creating but not writing anything in that text file. Row 7 should not be blank.

josh1

You might have missed my edited post, so I am repeating
I was using the RTNOW xlsm not from NOW folder, does it matter? If open RTNOW from NOW folder and paste Link to Excel, I get NA... If done from other folder on another drive I dont get NA...
http://imageshack.us/a/img856/2221/gh67.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img266/8390/8qnx.png
Your Row 7 contains Headers. That may be creating the problem. Keep quotations in that row and check. See formula in original RTNOW.

josh1

Hey Josh, Can you think of a way i can debug this problem?
Did you fiddle with the 'Google' Sheet? May be its all columns are getting full. Take original RTGoogle and check.
If you want to Debug, you will have to learn web query of excel.

Thanks Josh, for a lovely utility. Hats off to you and my heartiest Thanks to you for making this utility.

Previously, I was using your RTGoogle, from today I started using your RTNest. It is a wonderful utility for us, small traders.

I have a small query.

1) In RTGoogle, we can have the index like Nifty charted but not in RTNest.
2) Can we tinker the utility in RTNest such that only row 7, i.e, Nifty can be queried from google and from row 8, we proceed as usual from Nest?

Thanks once again for the lovely utility.

Your Row 7 contains Headers. That may be creating the problem. Keep quotations in that row and check. See formula in original RTNOW.
Even I thought so, but that's the way Link to Excel is copying into clipboard. I need to try after clearing the header...Hope it works tomorrow.

josh1

Thanks Josh, for a lovely utility. Hats off to you and my heartiest Thanks to you for making this utility.

Previously, I was using your RTGoogle, from today I started using your RTNest. It is a wonderful utility for us, small traders.

I have a small query.

1) In RTGoogle, we can have the index like Nifty charted but not in RTNest.
2) Can we tinker the utility in RTNest such that only row 7, i.e, Nifty can be queried from google and from row 8, we proceed as usual from Nest?

Thanks once again for the lovely utility.
RTNest has CNXNifty in 7th Row. See the formula in original sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.