Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts MS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts M

sir how to get more historical data using josh utility , iam using daily time frame for trading plz help

Re: Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts M

Run nest and excel in the same user, Example if you have to run nest as administrator then you have to run the excel also in administrator to do that go to c drive and program files / ms office and right click excel and click run as administrator and open rtd.xls with the opened excel. else run both with out adminstrator rights.

Right click nest shortcut icon and click properties and click compatibility and uncheck run as administrator tick. and try.
Thanks, thanks and thanks a lot man :) had tried everything else till now, finally ur solution worked :thumb: saved me a lot of headache :)

I have BitDefender installed and it detected 4 Trojans in Backfill_0.5 today, although it ran fine earlier. I re-downloaded Backfill_0.5.zip and got the same result. I uploaded the newly downloaded Backfill_0.5.zip at virustotal.com and the result is as below:

SHA256: 4cfabb291ebfb75c1ec2293161dc49e66facfa69852fc8e23ba40ba28f17cc2c
File name: Backfill_0.5.zip
Detection ratio: 13 / 53
Analysis date: 2014-09-23 05:26:08 UTC ( 0 minutes ago )

Please note that some major antivirus engines that detected the Trojans in Backfill_0.5.zip at virustotal.com are BitDefender, Ad-Aware, Avast, F-Secure, TrendMicro-HouseCall, Symantec, etc.

Kindly advise. Thanks.

dineshN

How do you set up next series. I am on zerodha nest - amibroker on windows 7 ultimate.

If I add scrips for next series in market watch and link them to excel and Ami, existing charts won't update (of course). Does that mean all new charts will have to be opened in Amibroker? If so, how to delete old charts from Amibroker (previous series)?

NJ23

I don't know if anybody has noticed but there is a bug with the utility. The data that we get through the Nest RTD is in tick format and when one backfills the data gets converted to one minute format. As a result of that, the charts get changed. We can do as follows(instead of deleting the old 'ticks' collected by RTD). Keep the base time interval for data feed at a minute level(which is the minimum time interval in Data table and VWAP table). Get the latest tick to update the record created at a minute level in the Amibroker's quote window(database) as close of the minute bar and depending on the whether the latest tick makes a new high or low, make the utility update the high low data(The logic to get this done is very simple). In other words, don't collect the ticks make one record per minute and update the same record for HLC as new ticks come in. And all this can be done as an Amibroker plug in. Anyway the program is written in C. Why not create it using ADK so that we don't need to have 3-4 different software open for a single purpose? This way we can have a data that is consistent with the NEST Data table or VWAP Table using one utility only(no change in the charts). Can anyone code this?(FYI I'm not a programmer so, I can't code it myself.)

TracerBullet

I don't know if anybody has noticed but there is a bug with the utility. The data that we get through the Nest RTD is in tick format and when one backfills the data gets converted to one minute format. As a result of that, the charts get changed. We can do as follows(instead of deleting the old 'ticks' collected by RTD). Keep the base time interval for data feed at a minute level(which is the minimum time interval in Data table and VWAP table). Get the latest tick to update the record created at a minute level in the Amibroker's quote window(database) as close of the minute bar and depending on the whether the latest tick makes a new high or low, make the utility update the high low data(The logic to get this done is very simple). In other words, don't collect the ticks make one record per minute and update the same record for HLC as new ticks come in. And all this can be done as an Amibroker plug in. Anyway the program is written in C. Why not create it using ADK so that we don't need to have 3-4 different software open for a single purpose? This way we can have a data that is consistent with the NEST Data table or VWAP Table using one utility only(no change in the charts). Can anyone code this?(FYI I'm not a programmer so, I can't code it myself.)
1) backfill will overwrite only between the time period that you specify and that data should be as accurate (or more) than the rtd data, so there should not be any bug - just specify start second as 00 and end second as 59.

i dont like overwriting 1 min bar approach as it removes tick data. I also had faced some problems while trying to implement it before due to interaction between two threads which was making it unnecessarily complicated

2) We could do ADK, but its already written now and works well enough for me.

i dont think there are too many c++ devs here and im happy with the tool as it is so you are out of luck. Once Zerodha gets pi and if its good enough for me ill probably stop using it anyway

Raghuveer

@Josh1

Sir can you please post the latest source code for DeleteRT_Tics. It's not included in the Backfill_0.5.zip.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.