Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts MS

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh1

Re: Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts M

Dear Josh,

I am trying to backfill data with backfill utility from Now on my laptop but it is backfilling data from 12:39:59 and missing data before that. Why its happening?
Sometimes data arrives in that manner from NOW. Invoke Hourly Stats manually and see. We will have to find some way to straighten it.

josh1

Re: Free RealTime Data NOW Nest ODIN Trade Tiger Google Yahoo to AmiBroker, Fcharts M

Despite cautioning against mixing of data source, I am partial to google and mix it with NOW data (according to my own admission :)).
Google is good for cash scrips. Joydeep Mitra's DataDownloader still gives us google data and the process is very fast after one time configuration.

However, it does not have FnO data. That is why all this exercise of developing new app.

Edit - It seems, NOW users should opt for DataDownloader to backfill Cash Scrips (i.e. EQ) as time stamp for those varies everyday in NOW.
Today it is HH:mm:21 :mad:
Time stamp in FnO is HH:mm:00. :cool:

Last edited:

josh1

My excel applications take snapshot of data at specified time interval. 1 second is the fastest achieved by some users.

TracerBullet's NestRTD constructs 1 sec. candles from data received from terminal. It does not miss any tick there. I have studied his code. I was toying with this idea of developing RTD client but could not do so. I am extremely happy with what he has done.
Currently, I do have the technique to take sub-second snapshots of data from terminal. (This I acquired while developing backfill utils.) However, I do not see any necessity to do so since I am using NOW/NestTrader only.

TracerBullet

Nothing to correct or to cite as incorrect :) as I am not privy to specific facts pertaining to his outlay on website maintenance, server charges, office infrastructure n rent, number of staff and their remuneration and overheads like electricity, phone bills etc.
One can draw own inferences depending upon outlook and perspective and there's no point in quibbling over inferential impressions :)
Exactly. None of these are needed for a simple free application. And the application is simple enough for a IT pro.
Its a business, nothing wrong with it. But i dont like marketing talk, claiming gpl, linking Stallman even.
Btw, if anyone has bought it here, does he provide source code? Then atleast gpl claim is valid.

Anyway, lets move on. People can make their own choices.

Contd.
Why data coherence?! Because all trading is by reference OR rather context.
If the context of the data is consistent even without being 100% accurate, then trading decisions based upon it can be taken with reasonable confidence.
Spot on.

Sometimes data arrives in that manner from NOW. Invoke Hourly Stats manually and see. We will have to find some way to straighten it.
Yes, it happened with NEST recently too. Had to backfill from Chart data.

josh1

Respected,
any utility for backfill from NEST PLUS Data tables...
NestPlus is a very irritating. It disconnects a lot of times. Besides, we need backfill from Nestplus if we are away from Terminal for days. In that case, there is no urgency to refresh charts. It is better to use my excel utilities for this. You can append data at the end of sheet if required for more than one scrip and import all at once.

Edit- I have made necessary changes in code. I am shifting all files to Google drive.

Last edited:

candle

Dear Josh,

I am trying to backfill data with backfill utility from Now on my laptop but it is backfilling data from 12:39:59 and missing data before that. Why its happening?

Thanks!

Check the contents of VWAP backfill text file; it should be empty. The data you are reffering is, may be from that VWAP Backfill file.

Candle

NestPlus is a very irritating. It disconnects a lot of times. Besides, we need backfill from Nestplus if we are away from Terminal for days. In that case, there is no urgency to refresh charts. It is better to use my excel utilities for this. You can append data at the end of sheet if required for more than one scrip and import all at once.
I know your excel utilities always better...but please if possible add one more option VwapBackFill / plus backfill..

Cancelled.......
I am using Master Trust Nest trader....meri problem yah hai...mujhe data is format mai milta hai..Vwapstatistics window par.....

10:00:01 AM 6235.00 6239.00 6233.00 6236.00 13900
10:02:01 AM 6237.00 6238.00 6236.00 6238.00 9700
11:29:01 PM 6163.00 6164.00 6160.00 6161.00 19800
11:30:01 PM 6060.00 0.00 0.00 6161.00 0

10:00:01 AM 6235.00 6239.00 6233.00 6236.00 13900
10:02:01 AM 6237.00 6238.00 6236.00 6238.00 9700
11:29:01 PM 6163.00 6164.00 6160.00 6161.00 19800
11:30:01 PM 6060.00 0.00 0.00 6161.00 0
(minimum 7 days data)
date column na hone se sab mix ho jata hai........

Status
Not open for further replies.