Free NSE EOD & historical data downloader..attached

Dear totalbankrupt

I have downloaded your utility today and downloaded bhavcopy from NSE in text format. Really very great utility.

But in bhavcopy NSE indices are not included in download file.

Actually NSE indices of all NSE index+NSE F&O are available in PR.ZIP file which can be directly available from NSE site but its historical file are not available. One has to download daily PR.ZIP file from Site.

Kindly include NSE indices data download in your utility.

Congratulation on your effort.
Thanks

Hasobha

Hi,

Getbhavcopy is programmed to download data for the following indices.

NSENIFTY,
NIFTYJUNIOR,
NSEDEFTY,
NSE500,
NSEMIDCAP,
NSEIT,
BANKNIFTY,
NSE100,

Check the text file bottom, the indices data will be present there. If it is not then try to download again. I have never encountered such a problem. Anyway if the indices data is still not downloaded then let me know.

I hope you have installed getbhavcopy as specified at
http://hemenkapadia.somee.com/getbhavcopy/html/help1.asp

Regards,
totalbankrupt

Hi
I have downloaded again yesterday data by software but I could not find Indices data. I have attached downloaded file for your reference.

This problem is arised due to Bhavcopy on NSE site doesn't contain Indices data. As I mentioned earlier only PR.ZIP contain Indices data not the Bhavcopy. So we have to download Indices data from other location than NSE's bhavcopy.

Other available free bhavcopy downloader having same problem, One has to incorporate indices + stockdata in one file, so updation of HIstorical Data would be easy.

Please dont take it otherwise, I am appreciate your effort. I have offer my comment to improve utility not to criticise your effort.

Again congratulation on your effort.

Hasobha

Hi Hasoba,

I am taking it in the right spirit. I appreciate such comments. Helps me improving my utility.

I am attaching the file I downloaded using bhavcopy today 23jan2007 and it does have the indices data downloaded in the bottom of the file, and trust me I have not modified the file.

Yes you are right when you say that NSE Bhavcopy does not include Indices data. Getbhavcopy used additional logic to get Indices data. However the bhavcopy file already download is used for some calculations of indices data.

This is strange and definitely needs further investigation. But please ascertain that you have installed getbhavcopy as instructed at

http://hemenkapadia.somee.com/getbhavcopy/html/help1.asp

If you are in Mumbai we can have a call to sort this out. You can private message me your number.

BTW does Getbhavcopy report any warning or error ?

When I download I get the following output....
23JAN2007.txt : Download complete...Processing...Done

Completed Downloading EOD Data
Regards,
totalbankrupt

Last edited:
Hey hasoba,

I just think i figured it out. You have to wait till you get a message like this

23JAN2007.txt : Download complete...Processing...Done

Completed Downloading EOD Data
That string "Completed Downloading EOD Data" indicates that downloading is complete. Do you close Getbhavcopy as soon as you get the Done message. ?

I suggest you wait longer. As there is some processing time involved in downloading the Indices data......

REMEMBER : Downloading is complete only when you get the Completed Downloading EOD Data" message.

Try once and let me know ASAP.

Regards,
Totalbankrupt.

Dear totalbankrupt,

You are absolutely right. I have wait longer and I get the same file which you have attached. This is just incredible. Lots of congratulation.

But can you convert indices name same as NSE Site ?
NSENIFTY--to --S&P CNX Nifty
NSEIT--to --CNX IT
NIFTYJUNIOR--to---CNX Nifty Junior
NSEDEFTY--to--S&P CNX Defty
BANKNIFTY-to --BANK Nifty
NSEMIDCAP--to--CNX Midcap
NSE500--to---S&P CNX 500
NSE100--to--CNX 100

Same symbol of NSE Site is very easy for everyone to adopt utility very easily.

Please also add NSE F&O and BSE bhavcopy download facility.Can you include open interest in bhavcopy data ?

Any how very good utility which can download NSE data with indices.

hasobha

rpc

Hi Hemen
Today i tried your getbhavcopy software .I got error message "Unhandeled exception has occured....The underlying connection was closed....".Pls help how to resolve this
with best wishes
rpc

Dear totalbankrupt,

You are absolutely right. I have wait longer and I get the same file which you have attached. This is just incredible. Lots of congratulation.
Great that we could resolve your issue.

But can you convert indices name same as NSE Site ?
I can that is not much of an issue, but I had to select these names to be compatible with the existing data I had. What you can do, if you are using Metastock is that you can edit the exsiting Indices symbols in your data according to Getbhavcopy symbols.

Alternatively you can download NSE historical data till 31-12-2006 for metastock from http://hemenkapadia.somee.com/getbhavcopy/html/download.asp (additional downloads section)

Please also add NSE F&O and BSE bhavcopy download facility.Can you include open interest in bhavcopy data ?
I am currently aiming at BSE Bhavcopy, I will gradually include NSE F&O also.

Any how very good utility which can download NSE data with indices.
Thanks buddy, It is people like you that make Getbhavcopy a huge success.

Regards,
totalbankrupt