Free NSE BSE data downloader (EOD, Indices, Daily & Historical, Bhavcopy downloader)

Re: Free NSE BSE data downloader (EOD, Indices, Daily & Historical, Bhavcopy download

Great work Hemen !

Just wondering, Is it legal to download directly from NSE/ BSE when they offer EDO download facility for a fee? I think its something like Rs. 25,000 per month.

Thought I'd check with you before downloading your tool.

Anyways, great job and keep it up !
did u tried it ?

plz do reply after trying it.

Re: Free NSE BSE data downloader (EOD, Indices, Daily & Historical, Bhavcopy download

I have stopped using it since the last 3 or 4 days. Wrote a custom bhavcopy downloader myself that suits my needs.
Hi Bunny,

I wish I could use totalbankrupt's code. But I need the data in my DB, so I am planning to write my own downloader using PHP. What are you using?

Hi Hemen,

Where are you downloading other data, i.e. BSE EOD, indices etc.?

Can you expose it as a service and provide API? Allow registered members to connect using some API key (sent by mail on registration)

What do you think?

Thanks,

bunny

Hi Bunny,

I wish I could use totalbankrupt's code. But I need the data in my DB, so I am planning to write my own downloader using PHP. What are you using?
Me too wrote in PHP. It is server based. Every weekday it runs automatically(cron job) 4 times to check for the bhavcopy. If available, it downloads, converts the data into my custom format, archives it on my server, and emails me the download link.

kainiteh

Hi Bunny,

Please tell how to get a ASCII Data for NSE Symbol individually
hence getbhavcopy downloading EOD as Date wise but i need it
get download as individual Scrip wise

please guide me on this!
Happy New Year!

bunny

pkjha30

Hi Bunny,

Please tell how to get a ASCII Data for NSE Symbol individually
hence getbhavcopy downloading EOD as Date wise but i need it
get download as individual Scrip wise

please guide me on this!
Happy New Year!
Hi
Normally ,people ask to datewise symbol data. You can try eoddlc with scripwise conversion option and give me some feedback on that.

Datafiles will be available in DATA/NSE/EQUITIES/CONVERTED/Stockwise

You can do all downloads i.e. eod,indices,delivery etc and then convert to get all values whereever available.(both for nse/bse)

Changing the desired fields are also possible in advanced options.

I hope I am not intruding on such a wonderful software thread, getbhavcopy, by totalbankrupt. You can ask for its removal if you feel so.I was just responding to specific request I saw after so many years.

pk

Hi

I hope I am not intruding on such a wonderful software thread, getbhavcopy, by totalbankrupt. You can ask for its removal if you feel so.I was just responding to specific request I saw after so many years.

pk
No issues. Even I answer specific queries in other threads :)

-Hemen Kapadia (totalbankrupt)

Hello All,

I have tried to import Bhavcopy files in Fibotrader ... it allows me to import only one file at a time! ... it's painful to do so for one year!!!

can somebody plz help with this ...

Regards