Free NSE BSE data downloader (EOD, Indices, Daily & Historical, Bhavcopy downloader)

Hello friends,

After the success of Getbhavcopy version 1.0 to 1.4.1 I am releasing the next version of Getbhavcopy.

This is a major version update to 2.0, rather than to version 1.5, because of the following reasons:

• Added BSE EOD and Indices data download facility
  • Added NSE Open Interest (i.e. Deliverable Quantity) data download facility for all Equity stocks
  • Added series parsing options to download equity data other then 'EQ' series
  • Download equity symbols for all NSE Indices. Earlier versions supported Nifty and Nifty Junior only
  • Calculate volume for all NSE Indices. Earlier versions supported Nifty and Nifty Junior only
  • Complete redesign using Object Oriented concepts. Complete rewrite of the code.
  • The redesign will help in faster addition of new features.

Overview:

Following data can be downloaded using Getbhavcopy:

Download Getbhavcopy:

Get it from Download Getbhavcopy (Free NSE BSE Bhavcopy downloader)

If you like it, please provide your thanks.

Thanks and Regards,
Hemen.

Last edited:
Re: Free NSE BSE data downloader (EOD, Indices, Daily & Historical, Bhavcopy download

hello frnds, i am in dire need of S&P CNX nifty index future data. i have to measure volatility of index future for last 10 yrs. so plz provide me the closing price of index nifty future for last 10 yrs

balraj167

Re: Free NSE BSE data downloader (EOD, Indices, Daily & Historical, Bhavcopy download

Hi,

Thanks for upgrading the bhavcopy I was using your old version 1.4.1 its simple and best.

few days before i have downloaded the new version just pasted on the old one but now I am facing problem that it is not reading for months last weeks and few days of second last week data but data is already exist in my EOD data,

Are any other persons facing same problem please check your data

Please advice on this how to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

hi Balraj,

Can you be a bit more detailed about the issue you are facing with the new version.

I hope you read the Installation help and followed the steps properly.

Moreover I have enabled Getbhvcopy1.4.1 for some time (May be Jan 31, when i will disable it). You can still download it from the Getbhavcopy download page.

Regards,
Hemen
Getbhavcopy - Best Free NSE BSE data downloader (EOD, Indices, Daily & Historical, Open Interest, bhavcopy downloader)

To totalbankrupt ,
thank you very much for providing a nice programme. many many thanks.

Can you please tell me if there is a way to somehow download the NSE Futures & Options data in metastock format?

Thank you!

Can you please tell me if there is a way to somehow download the NSE Futures & Options data in metastock format?

Thank you!
Currently no. But I am working on it.

-Hemen

People,
You can use Heman's utility to download EOD data for whole bunch of stocks and as well as indices like
NIFTY,
NIFTY JUNIOR,
NSE 100
NSE 500
NSE MIDCAP
NSE IT
BANK NIFTY
NSE 500
NSE DEFTY

If you are uploading these data into amibroker and metastock, and if you require categorization of sectors/Industries, you can use the following file as refernce.

It has NSE symbols and their respective industries listed for the above indices. you can use the worksheet "collated Industry wise data". This contains a final list of 510 stocks that are present in the above indices. one would most likely buy and sell only these stocks.

cheers
ren