Free Demat A/c ???

stumper

Friends,

Is there any brokerage who is offering free demat a/c. That is zero maintenance charges for the shares held.

Thanks
Hi Gandhi ,

I was somewhat surprised by your question.

Almost all online brokers who have demat facility do offer Demat acct as free of maintaince charges (charges may be levied for transactions), when you opt for their trading account.

Nobody offers a standalone demat account for free.

Stumper.

stumper

I am also interested to know about free demat maintenance a/c. I have a/c with ICICI , Kotak. Both charges maintenance charges
Hi Muralimr ,

As i mentioned, by default if you opt for a standalone DEMAT account, you need to pay up the annual maintainance charges. I'm now not sure about ICICI or Kotak (since you have mentioned that neither is offering you a free demat account with their respective trading account). I belive Reliance, and Religare offers free Demat account if you open a trading account with them.

Regards ,
Stumper

i had seen a add of MICROSEC kolkata is offering free demat a/c, not sure, but it may be for some limited period only, please inquire

Hi,
Few days back came across an ad about free demat account(offer till May5th,2007) from Bajaj capital called "JustTrade". I donot know much about trading, but would like to get more information about this free demat account and their charges, limitations when compared to other players (ICICI, Rtrade, etc)...
regards,
Srinivas

So far I know, Religare and IndiaInfoline are offering free DMAT account i.e they are not charging Annual Maintenance Charge. How they are affording so may be understood by the user of those brokerage house. But, ICICI Direct and Kotak Securities, two famous online trading house do not provide such free DMAT facility inspite having trading account with them.
But, if you trade with full proof strategy, why bother about such charges. Also, it is desirable to trade as minimum as possible. Pl go through this link and offer your views and enrich this bloger.
http://aloksarkar.blogspot.com
:D