Free data from NSENOW to AmiBroker via Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh1

I have developed excel sheet that captures data from NSENOW and feed to AmiBroker. It is working very well. I am getting realtime charts. I feel it can be made much better with added functionalities and backfill to certain extent. I am using the COM automation functionality of AmiBroker and not the DDE plugin.

However, I am not a programmer. Hence I am facing lot of difficulities in further development. My knowledge of basics of programming is very good. If there are any members good at VBA, I can give logic/hints to develop the worksheet further.

This site does not allow to attach file with .xlsm extension. Can I change the extension and upload it? The size is only 28KB

Raju

Josh1 ,
Good Initiative !
I am also not a programmer but am always ready to try with help of friends.We have lot of good programmers around.
You can share on a shared site ( if you like to ) and then provide link.

Regards,
Raju

I have developed excel sheet that captures data from NSENOW and feed to AmiBroker. It is working very well. I am getting realtime charts. I feel it can be made much better with added functionalities and backfill to certain extent. I am using the COM automation functionality of AmiBroker and not the DDE plugin.

However, I am not a programmer. Hence I am facing lot of difficulities in further development. My knowledge of basics of programming is very good. If there are any members good at VBA, I can give logic/hints to develop the worksheet further.

This site does not allow to attach file with .xlsm extension. Can I change the extension and upload it? The size is only 28KB
Nice initiative :congrats:

josh1

Thak you. Three responses are good to begin with.

The file is shared here:-
http://www.4shared.com/zip/KL4DX1Xh/NSENow.html

http://www.4shared.com/zip/KL4DX1Xh/NSENow.html

Minimum requirement is Excel 2007. Tested on Windows XP and Windows 2003 x64 Server.

1. Extract the zip file.
2. There are two files in it 1.NSE-NOW-VER1.xlsm and 2. NSENOW.format

3. NSE-NOW-VER1.xlsm can be kept anywhere. However, I recommend to keep it in C:\Program Files\NOW or C:\Program Files (x86)\NOW depending upon your version of windows, wherever your "NOW" application resides.

4. Open Excel. Click on the Office icon on top left and then click on Excel Options- Trust Center - Trusted Locations - Add New Location and give one of the above paths that you chose. This way, excel will open the .xlsm file with macros enabled. Otherwise, you will have to enable macros every time.

5. Move NSENOW.format file to format folder under - Your\AmiBroker\Path.
c:\program files\amibroker\format in most cases.

6. You can open the NSE-NOW-VER1.xlsm file

7. Check wheteher "Developer" tab is open else enable it thru Excel Options - Popular - Show Developer tab in Ribon.

You can see the code in Visual Basic.

Use the application only after backing your regular database. Create a new database, open Amibroker, open the new database and thereafter use it

Last edited:

josh1

Now we can start using the file. However let me begin by thanking the persons who helped in creating this application.

1. Many thanks to mrtq13 for this article - http://xtrator.wordpress.com/2011/04/29/autofeed-to-amibroker-with-jscript/
which gave me the idea.

2. Many thanks to Gyanesh Sharma of Essar Information Technologies Ltd. who created the application in one day.

josh1

What is somebody dont have NOW installed.For e.g i dont possess NOW.Is it free and from where can i download that as well?
Prabhsingh,

Now is available free of cost if you have account with brokers who provide it. There are many brokers who provide it. The application is basically developed by NSE and given free of charge to brokers for the use of their customers for trading. One such broker is ZERODHA. Opening account with them costs between Rs.300 to 500.

prabhsingh

I am having an account with ICICIDirect and IndiaBulls.Are you aware if any of them can provide me NOW?I can call their HelpDesk but wanted to do quick check with you.

josh1

I am having an account with ICICIDirect and IndiaBulls.Are you aware if any of them can provide me NOW?I can call their HelpDesk but wanted to do quick check with you.
Both of them are having their own trading interface. I do not know about ICICI Direct. Check if IndiaBulls's trading software provides 'link to excel'. If yes, you can use the same excel sheet by slight tweaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.