Found the holy grail but...

Hello Friends & Respected Seniors,
After a lot of hard work & struggle finally found the Holy Grail 3 months back & trading successfully but facing a new problem:
Its an intraday strategy which has R:R of 1:2 & success ratio of 70%.
Problem is that most of my trades come in stocks(futures) & very few in Nifty & Bank Nifty, typically i get 20-25 trades in a month out of which only 2-3 in Nifty & Bank Nifty.
SO what's the problem?
Well trading in stocks(futures) is becoming a problem, most of the time my orders dnt get a fill:mad:
I want to trade 4-5 lots but the order dsnt get a fill or huge slippage:annoyed::annoyed:
but when i trade only 1 lot then its not a problem.
Seniors please help, i have worked very hard for all this(Although it was a very simple thing but it took me a lot of time to realise that).
I'l be very thankful if anybody could suggest a solution.
Thanks.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
After a lot of hard work & struggle finally found the Holy Grail 3 months back & trading successfully but facing a new problem:
Problem is that most of my trades come in stocks(futures) & very few in Nifty & Bank Nifty, typically i get 20-25 trades in a month out of which only 2-3 in Nifty & Bank Nifty.
SO what's the problem?
Well trading in stocks(futures) is becoming a problem, most of the time my orders dnt get a fill:mad:
I want to trade 4-5 lots but the order dsnt get a fill or huge slippage:annoyed::annoyed:
Seniors please help, i have worked very hard for all this(Although it was a very simple thing but it took me a lot of time to realise that).
Thanks.
hi,
for multiple lots go only for highly liquid stocks like sbin, tatamotors etc.
if ur strategy is scalping type then stocks futures is not an option. only nifty and banknifty fits the criteria.
thats y Most people devise strategy suited to a particular scrip only.
regards :thumb:

simplebuthard

Working as Trading Assistant. Hire me !!
Strange question. What stocks you traded and you found illiquid.

Many of the shares have well good enough liquidity. Few are SBIN, Tatamotors, ITC, TataSteel, Reliance, RelInfra, ICICI Bank, HDFC, HDFCBank.

hi,
for multiple lots go only for highly liquid stocks like sbin, tatamotors etc.
if ur strategy is scalping type then stocks futures is not an option. only nifty and banknifty fits the criteria.
thats y Most people devise strategy suited to a particular scrip only.
regards :thumb:
Thank you my friend, i understand that but problem is that most of the times I get trade signals in not very liquid stocks.
I was hoping for a solution, although I pretty much know that I will have manage with this reality.
I was thinking that our senior trading big shots must be dealing with this problem somehow.
Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

Strange question. What stocks you traded and you found illiquid.

Many of the shares have well good enough liquidity. Few are SBIN, Tatamotors, ITC, TataSteel, Reliance, RelInfra, ICICI Bank, HDFC, HDFCBank.
Yes My friend you are right these are very liquid stocks, problem is that I track & trade around 100 stocks including those you mentioned & most of them are not liquid enough & believe me when you are trying to take a position with big sharks the so called liquid ones also gives you a hard time....
Problem is that most of the big shots try to get in @ that exact price level & then it simply becomes a supply demand problem specially for intraday trades where slippage is a decisive factor.
Thanks for your help, very much appreciated :)

SO what's the problem?
Thanks.
What stock futures are you trading?. I have been trading all nifty 50 stocks including nf and bnf. I get filled on all of them.

either you are trading some very ill liquid non nf stocks or you are entering on breakouts(very low probability of getting filled).

SO what's the problem?
Thanks.
No offence but 70% success rate is not a holy grail some HFT strategies have 95% winning rate

amandeep86

No offence but 70% success rate is not a holy grail some HFT strategies have 95% winning rate
Holy Grail methods can have 10 % Winning Rate as well ,All depends on the Reward to Risk ratio and Traders Capability to follow a system with Discipline.