For online trading

Hello friends !
(1) Is FOREX trading allowed in India, to trade online. If so, pls let me know a few top brokerage companies in India.

(2) I want to open "3 in 1 Account" to trade online in the following categories:
(a) Stocks (b) Commodities (c) Forex.
Pls advise top 5 best companies in India.

Regards.
Pratap.

It is legal to trade forex with Indian Exchanges like NSE, BSE, MCX-SX where they currently offer 4 pairs(USDINR, JPYINR, GBPINR, EURINR) in Derivatives (Futures and Options Segment). So if you are trading with Indian Brokers whom have membership with the above mentioned Indian Exchanges it is perfectly legal however, if I am right you are asking about trading forex in international currency pairs like USD/EUR. In this scenario, answer is simply No you can't trade that from india. RBI guidlines are very clear about it.

Mercedes

It is legal to trade forex with Indian Exchanges like NSE, BSE, MCX-SX where they currently offer 4 pairs(USDINR, JPYINR, GBPINR, EURINR) in Derivatives (Futures and Options Segment). So if you are trading with Indian Brokers whom have membership with the above mentioned Indian Exchanges it is perfectly legal however, if I am right you are asking about trading forex in international currency pairs like USD/EUR. In this scenario, answer is simply No you can't trade that from india. RBI guidlines are very clear about it.
Dai amma kahin :p