FNO - options

Re: FNO - Futures with OI and CoC

Hello members , especially (Test 123 , Somatung ), i started to read options threads as you hinted and given links, not yet trading options just doing equities only but ongoing i diverted to futures again, as underlying is futures
( infact if say accurately spot prices), and again jumped to read about OI and CoC . Here i randomly listed some scripts in a table .and also given the OI-Coc interpretations 1-4 chances below the table. (in table OI= OI change % , Coc = coc change %)

NF - oi 2.46 , coc 5.74 as oi -coc increase NF can go high(No.1 interpretation longs accumulating ) but oi not much high and also by daily charts after one red inverted hammer yesterday was red hammer which is a reversal canlde and also previous 2 days low maintained , if tomorrow opens above and sustaining yesterday open is confirmation of reversal where max. tgt would be 8510 -8560 levels .

VEDL - OI (-1.82) , coc 9.19 ( as per NO.2 shorts are closing) here also oi is not much high but coc is high nearly 10 % , as per daily charts 3 days back hammer candle with huge volume and previous day candle was also IH and yesterday candle was green candle with no low (tiny) and the 2 last candles volume aslo high compare to previous days ,so expecting go upto 155-160

JSPL - oi- 5.42 coc 14.72 longs are accumulating , hammer at bottom with huge volume ,expecting 93-100 range

TATASTEEL - oi- 4.01 coc - (-52.31) shorts are accumulating can go low? but oi is not so high , also trendline support is there (sep 30 2013 low 269.9)
if support broken can go upto 200 levels ?

TATAMOTORS oi- 1.1 coc - 7.88 longs are adding but oi not much high so expecting if tomorrow nifty is strong tehn can go 425-30 levels if supports broken can go upto 330 levels

ONGC - longs adding , expectign upto 320-23

ACC - shorts adding can fall upto 1400 levels ?

TCS longs are adding , strong support at 2400 , expecting can go upto 2600 minimum

SBIN - not clear direction , as per charts in sideways can go upto 280 0r 250 in downside according tomorrow open

RECL - like sbin not clear , but as per charts sure can go upto 290 -300 ?

JSW ENERGY shorts are closing , if 95 level holds sure can go upto 100 -110

here im just telling my views only , what i expect , and also is a test for my observations . lets see what happens in the weekend . besides greece problems charts should follow the expectations if charts reading are strong . hhm hoping for the best .

also given roll over and roll over cost , what i know about is rollover means carry forwarding thi month contract to next month , is it right ? why i gven here becuase our forum experts will give some details about that how to use with this OI -coc interpretations to make better.

THANK YOU TO ALL those reply and educate me in this post . THANK YOU.

I calculated CoC from hdfc securities CoC calculator , but now i see differences in another securities website . will differ ? where can i get realtime or EOD accurate CoC ?

For your 1st question: how can i judge whether the particular strike price of call/put is right (i.e. premium is worth or high or low) ?

I will say that the right strike price depends upon number of factors. The option's premium price depends upon time-value of money and intrinsic value.
The intrinsic value of money depends upon how much your option is in the money.
While the time value of Money depends upon - 1. Time to expiration 2. Implied Volatility. If the Implied volatility is high, then there are chances that the time value of money is greater than your Intrinsic value.

Also, You can also check various excels and options and Greeks Calculator available on the internet, which helps in finding the call price, based upon the Black & Scholes model.

Thanks and Happy Investing :)