Flash crash compensation

This is with respect to the flash crash that occurred in oct 2012. It had been due to the fact emkay global placed an erroneous order and due to that the market crashed. I lost 30000 rupees in a fraction of a second because my stop loss was triggered far away from my initial stop loss.
All these years I have kept quite, but I keep thinking about that everyday. I lost a huge amount of money because of a mistake that somebody else committed.
After that day, I stopped trading. I want to trade again, but am afraid to trade that such a thing might happen again.
Getting back my money will encourage me to start trading again. I want my money back. Can you please tell me how can I get a refund of the amount that was lost. I lost it because of a mistake someone else committed and this is not fair. Please help me.

Thanks

trade4putuval

This is with respect to the flash crash that occurred in oct 2012. It had been due to the fact emkay global placed an erroneous order and due to that the market crashed. I lost 30000 rupees in a fraction of a second because my stop loss was triggered far away from my initial stop loss.
All these years I have kept quite, but I keep thinking about that everyday. I lost a huge amount of money because of a mistake that somebody else committed.
After that day, I stopped trading. I want to trade again, but am afraid to trade that such a thing might happen again.
Getting back my money will encourage me to start trading again. I want my money back. Can you please tell me how can I get a refund of the amount that was lost. I lost it because of a mistake someone else committed and this is not fair. Please help me.

Thanks

I guess you are in the wrong field. The markets comes with the inherent risks.

Somebody's loss is other's profit. Somebody's mistake is some other person's good luck. What would have been the state, if you had traded in the direction of the flash crash and you had kept the trade closure very far from your entry price, and you made a bumper profit of say 1 lakh rupees. Will you come to this forum and ask how to return the money? No, right?

So that way, you will have to forget the money that is lost, and try to gain some exposure on how to trade in the market and start earning that lost money from some other trades.

If you are planning to return to the market to seek revenge, then be ready to lose 30L instead of 30K. Trust me, we have already been in that emotion, and market has shown us where we are today.

Last edited:

Thanks
what was your SL at the time? how many points and how much did you risk? what TF did you trade?

onlinegtrash

Thanks
dude... what will you do... if you had made 30k profits on that day? are you going to send a refund to emkay global?

Lets suppose one day you make profit but while price moving in your direction triggered SL of other traders...
are you going to refund all those traders who lost because their SL got triggered while your
trade is also responsible for moving the prices little bit against them... !??

bunny

The crash did not occur because of a system glitch. It worked exactly as it was supposed to. A large sell order came into the system and satisfied all bids. These are "market forces".