Fire your tax related queries and i would get it solved!!!

Are you able to understand the replies and act accordingly to this thread ??

• Yes, able to understand BUT NOT able to take suggested course

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat able to take desicions, BUT seek professional help in my area

• Find it tough to understand the replies hence always seek other professional help

• Not able to understand any of the replies !!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TracerBullet

If you're talking about prepopulated salary amount in income tax website, then you should try filing freshly. I had a similar problem and it is working now.
As i said, problem is in Schedule BP > 2a, which indicates how much of the business income is speculative. This has to be filled by us if you have say intraday equity income.

And bug is there after fresh install without using previous json too. Tested on ITDe-Filing Setup 1.0.20_0, working in 1.0.12
Hard to believe that just 1 month from extended due date these guys have still not fixed issues.
Infosys/Tax dept testing really sucks if you can have such easy to reproduce bugs in stable version - a regression, as 2 months back it was fine.
Worst tax utility in last 10 years, i dont remember ever facing a bug in ITR forms - excel/java.

travi

As i said, problem is in Schedule BP > 2a, which indicates how much of the business income is speculative. This has to be filled by us if you have say intraday equity income.

And bug is there after fresh install without using previous json too. Tested on ITDe-Filing Setup 1.0.20_0, working in 1.0.12
Hard to believe that just 1 month from extended due date these guys have still not fixed issues.
Infosys/Tax dept testing really sucks if you can have such easy to reproduce bugs in stable version - a regression, as 2 months back it was fine.
Worst tax utility in last 10 years, i dont remember ever facing a bug in ITR forms - excel/java.
Use last years IT JAVA utility to populate fields and ensure output / tax liabilty is ok.

The utility may add some extra penalty for late payment etc but it does all the calc's properly.
Transfer data to the "online" forms way.
The EXE essentially calls the webpages but just give it a shot on do it from the browser.

ITR-2's for family members went perfectly ok in last 1 week. Earlier there were issues.
Then if some schedules are not selected, select all and make sure you confirm each one.
In one case, the schedule BFLA had to be confirmed even though there were no losses to be brought forward and everything was 0. still you need to click set-off button.

TracerBullet

Use last years IT JAVA utility to populate fields and ensure output / tax liabilty is ok.

The utility may add some extra penalty for late payment etc but it does all the calc's properly.
Transfer data to the "online" forms way.
The EXE essentially calls the webpages but just give it a shot on do it from the browser.

ITR-2's for family members went perfectly ok in last 1 week. Earlier there were issues.
Then if some schedules are not selected, select all and make sure you confirm each one.
In one case, the schedule BFLA had to be confirmed even though there were no losses to be brought forward and everything was 0. still you need to click set-off button.
I have older version of this year's tool (12 vs 20) which worked and all of my work is already done over it. But i had an issue in understanding advance tax rules ( have to calculate future income else interest) and then i got lazy once deadline got postponed.

My backup plan is to use older tool + run it with old date to avoid 5k penalty and then edit the signing date in json if possible. But hopefully, latest version will get fixed. I have sent a complaint to them.

If anyone has older version of ITR after dead line was extended, then please share it. It might be working.

Raj232

I have older version of this year's tool (12 vs 20) which worked and all of my work is already done over it. But i had an issue in understanding advance tax rules ( have to calculate future income else interest) and then i got lazy once deadline got postponed.

My backup plan is to use older tool + run it with old date to avoid 5k penalty and then edit the signing date in json if possible. But hopefully, latest version will get fixed. I have sent a complaint to them.

If anyone has older version of ITR after dead line was extended, then please share it. It might be working.
Better to send in your CV to Infosys and join then at a consultant.. It will be service to the nation as well :up::up:

Hi there and thanz in advance. My query is if your taxable turnover due to option cross 1 crore and between 1 crore and 10 crore. ANd your cash payment and receipt is below 5% limit and you are not eigible to audit. Then after selecting yes to 1-10 crore option what to select for 5 % option Yes or No? as not crossed 5%.

TracerBullet

Latest version fixed the issue for me, i was able to file today. Finally finished for previous FY.
One thing to note is ITR tool asks for payment first and validates later. I made a slight mistake in CG breakup and now i will get 500 refund after paying advance tax interest same day. Very idiotic ..

nac

My case is not liable to audit, but I am getting this error/defect and I don't understand why.
Validation returns with no errors but when I click "Proceed to verification", this defect message displays.

Is this a bug? Anyone have any clue about this?

I have checked several times, I don't think there is any mistake in filling up the form.
In "Audit information" section I clicked No to 44AB, AD, AE etc and to 92E.

Category of defect B/D :You will be allowed to upload the return. There is a possible defect present in the return or some of the deduction/claim may not be allowed.

Error Description
1. You have claimed income less than 8% of Gross Turnover and audit information is not filled up

Income Tax Department has given some relaxation for AY 2020-21 in their latest circular, according to this tweet -

CBDT provides one-time relaxation for verification of e-filed ITRs for AY 2020-21 which are pending for verification due to non-submission of ITR-V form or pending e-Verification. Circular No.21/2021 dated 28/12/2021 issued & is available on:

https://t.co/TVbE7NJquy
circular-no21-2021

Does it mean, the people who missed the previous deadline can file their missed ITR now, or if there is some twist?

Thanks and regards

Raj232

My case is not liable to audit, but I am getting this error/defect and I don't understand why.
Validation returns with no errors but when I click "Proceed to verification", this defect message displays.

Is this a bug? Anyone have any clue about this?

I have checked several times, I don't think there is any mistake in filling up the form.
In "Audit information" section I clicked No to 44AB, AD, AE etc and to 92E.
Should be 6% since all FNO trades are done digitally on recognised stock exchange

Income Tax Department has given some relaxation for AY 2020-21 in their latest circular, according to this tweet -

CBDT provides one-time relaxation for verification of e-filed ITRs for AY 2020-21 which are pending for verification due to non-submission of ITR-V form or pending e-Verification. Circular No.21/2021 dated 28/12/2021 issued & is available on:

https://t.co/TVbE7NJquy
circular-no21-2021

Does it mean, the people who missed the previous deadline can file their missed ITR now, or if there is some twist?

Thanks and regards
According to this paragraph -

"Therefore, in respect of alllTRs for Assessment Year 2020-21 which
were uploaded electronically by the taxpayers within the time allowed under
section 139 of the Act and which have remained incomplete due to non-
submission of ITR-V Forml pending e-Verification, the Board , in exercise of its
powers under section 119(2)(a) of the Act, hereby permits verification of such returns
either by sending a duly signed physical copy of ITR-V to CPC, Bengaluru
through speed post or through EVC/OTP modes as listed in para 1 above. Such
verification process must be completed by 28.02.2022"

As clarified by @TracerBullet , this above relaxation will apply only for those who had filed earlier and not for those who did not even file the ITR till 31 March 2021 deadline.