Fire your tax related queries and i would get it solved!!!

Are you able to understand the replies and act accordingly to this thread ??

• Yes, able to understand BUT NOT able to take suggested course

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat able to take desicions, BUT seek professional help in my area

• Find it tough to understand the replies hence always seek other professional help

• Not able to understand any of the replies !!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

john302928

Hi Can we claim 150000 under Section 80C and Rs 10000 under section 80TTA so total tax exemption is 160000. Is that correct? or combining both the sections we can claim maximum only 150000 ?. which is correct. Say we have bank interest of 12000 and SCSS 180000
Please advise.Thanks

Thanks Superman,

I visited Zerodha Varsity site and found the below response from Nithin:
"You could maybe use this Code: 13010 – Financial intermediation/Investment activities. This seems be the closest category to investment/trading related activity."

This I think is his opinion, and the words "could maybe" do not sound convincing, still I know he is best placed to give this "suggestion".

I request senior members, Smarttrade, Timepass, Canakhil among others to kindly reconfirm for benefit of all, since they themselves will be filing their returns putting the codes, so it will more authentic and convincing.
@canikhil

What is your opinon on this? What codes you are using for your clients? For Business Income (Derivatives) and Speculative Income (Intraday Equity Trading)

Hi,

Please help me in filling the short term capital gains in ITR 2. I have a gain of Rs. 5000.

However I am facing a problem in filling it in Schedule F(1) at the bottom of the sheet CG where the datewise breakup has to match the total short term gains.

In the last time period between 15/Mar to 31/Mar I have a loss of Rs. 300. However the cell does not let me put any negative number. So how will I balance the total?

1700 + 1300 + 800 + 1500 - 300

One more thing. I have a savings interest credit of Rs. 154 in a minor's account. Will it go with total interest and be shown under 80TTA? Or will it be shown in the Exempted Income sheet in the end of ITR3?

Thank you

This is not related to trading. What can I fill in the verification part where I have to mention that I am filling the return as? I have not found any consistent answer. For an individual will it be his name, "self" or "individual"?