Fire your tax related queries and i would get it solved!!!

Are you able to understand the replies and act accordingly to this thread ??

• Yes, able to understand BUT NOT able to take suggested course

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat able to take desicions, BUT seek professional help in my area

• Find it tough to understand the replies hence always seek other professional help

• Not able to understand any of the replies !!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok Sir,last query to clear the confusion,
Income from Business/Profession is 235000
FD Interest is 60000
Total is 295000

I filed ITR under 44AD without audit case.
after deduction tax is nil.

Gross receipt 260000
Actual Profit 235000
Deemed Profit %=90
Profit against Turnover (8%)=20800

was it wrong?

Last edited:
Hi Aroraji,

I also do derivative transaction. So I want to know the criteria for your selection Are you a large player? Are small retail traders not eligible for selection. Kindly update with your information.
It will really help if we know the volume or frequency or turnover, what is the minimum criteria for selection. Even if there are at least three people who have been served with scrutiny notices reply here we will have enough data points to conclude the minimum level.

It will really help if we know the volume or frequency or turnover, what is the minimum criteria for selection. Even if there are at least three people who have been served with scrutiny notices reply here we will have enough data points to conclude the minimum level.
My volume was about 280 crs , 99% stock futures 1 % options in FY 2014-15 for which my return was selected for scrutiny.

My volume was about 280 crs , 99% stock futures 1 % options in FY 2014-15 for which my return was selected for scrutiny.
Thanks for your reply. Is this turnover is as per zerodha calculations? i.e. summation of net profits and net losses tradewise (will be higher amount) or contractwise (will be lower amount)?

In your case options are almost negligible (relatively), so not asking about options calculations since apart from the above netting method, sell value of options is also taken by zerodha to calculate options turnover.

Thanks for your reply. Is this turnover is as per zerodha calculations? i.e. summation of net profits and net losses tradewise (will be higher amount) or contractwise (will be lower amount)?

In your case options are almost negligible (relatively), so not asking about options calculations since apart from the above netting method, sell value of options is also taken by zerodha to calculate options turnover.
No it is not turnover but my gross volumes. Turnover is about 99 lacs - contract wise. I think IT department doesnt take turnover into consideration but volumes generated to select cases for scrutiny. And as many here pointed out earlier IT department wants to consider volumes generated as the turnover ! regardless of the ICAI guidelines.