Fire your tax related queries and i would get it solved!!!

Are you able to understand the replies and act accordingly to this thread ??

• Yes, able to understand BUT NOT able to take suggested course

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat able to take desicions, BUT seek professional help in my area

• Find it tough to understand the replies hence always seek other professional help

• Not able to understand any of the replies !!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

diosys

Hi,
While calculating capital gain,
1. can we deduct the brokerage paid to the broker
2. can we deduct the STT from the net tax payable

Thanking you

Regards
Karthikeyan R

Yes, brokerage is allowed but STT is allowed only when you show your income under the head of Business Inocme and not capital gains...

Diosys....

I have a query for u...

Say if my loss till Apr-07 to march-08 in stock markets amounts 1 Lakh.... and say i recover the same 1 lakh in Apr'08.... So should we consider the profit of 1 lakh in apil-08 as capital gains for next fin year....

(For this purpose, assume i have no other income other 07-08 and 08-09)

Thanks,
Sats

Hi all....

I thought a lot of our traderji members would be having taxing issues...Hence i am launching this thread for people who wish to seek some advice on issues pertaining to Income Tax or Service Tax....

I would try to solve them to the best of my ability and knowledge....

See Ya all....

:):):):)
Can you help me with spreadsheet in this scenario.

Company alloted 100 ESOPS, I exercised 100 after the vesting period of 1 year. Allotment price was Rs.50/- and on vesting date price was Rs.80/-. Company also gave bonus 1:2 before the vesting period so I now have 150 shares in my demat. Suppose I sell the shares within 1 year from the time it came in my demat, I have to pay STCG also.

How is the FBT calculated and How is STCG calculated?

Thanks and Regards,

diosys

Diosys....

I have a query for u...

Say if my loss till Apr-07 to march-08 in stock markets amounts 1 Lakh.... and say i recover the same 1 lakh in Apr'08.... So should we consider the profit of 1 lakh in apil-08 as capital gains for next fin year....

(For this purpose, assume i have no other income other 07-08 and 08-09)

Thanks,
Sats
for the Fy 07-08 there would be loss in capital gain and the same can be carried forward for 4 years....hence you can set off the same with the profit of the next year....so no tax liability for both the years...

diosys

Can you help me with spreadsheet in this scenario.

Company alloted 100 ESOPS, I exercised 100 after the vesting period of 1 year. Allotment price was Rs.50/- and on vesting date price was Rs.80/-. Company also gave bonus 1:2 before the vesting period so I now have 150 shares in my demat. Suppose I sell the shares within 1 year from the time it came in my demat, I have to pay STCG also.

How is the FBT calculated and How is STCG calculated?

Thanks and Regards,
FBT ...you need not worry...your company would pay it....

you would be required to pay STCG on the profit that you generate...in the above example...100*(sale price-50)

Hi, I am new to this forum and my annual salary is 2,45,000. So from past 4 months my tax is being deducted as 4,800, 3,200, 4,200 like that. What should I do to save this. I am a newbie in this field, So no experience about this at all. I am so much worried. So can u let me know how should I save tax and how much will it get deducted and how to save it?

diosys

Hi, I am new to this forum and my annual salary is 2,45,000. So from past 4 months my tax is being deducted as 4,800, 3,200, 4,200 like that. What should I do to save this. I am a newbie in this field, So no experience about this at all. I am so much worried. So can u let me know how should I save tax and how much will it get deducted and how to save it?
Dont worry....

this is the reply i had given earlier as to how to breakup your salary to save tax...

Dear Typist....

The best possible breakup i can give you is as follows....This is for FY 2007-08

Basic - 9250*12 = 1,11,000
Transport Allowance - 20,000 = 20,000 (Wholly Exempt)
Reimbursement of Medical Bills - 15,000 = 15,000 (Wholly Exempt)
Uniform Allowance - 5,000 = 5,000 (Wholly Exempt)
Leave Travel Concession - 29,000 = 29,000 (Wholly Exempt)

TOTAL SALARY = 1,80,000 (As Desired)

TAX PAYABLE NIL

Points to remember -

YOU WOULD BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT ACTUAL BILLS OF MEDICAL, PETROL, UNIFORM PURCHASED AND TRAVEL DONE....

Since for FY 2008-09 the tax structure is very less hence i presume with the same level of income there would be no tax deducted out of your salary provided you avail the maximum of 80C exemption...

beginner_av

Dear Diosys,

Are you qualified to give advice or just a student or a person with tax knowledge?
If you are qualified, why dont you try talking to traderji to start a serious PAID section where you charge an annual fee/monthly fee or per query fee through traderji? Traderji will take a part of it as administration/bandwidth etc charges. It would be a win-win propsal for both of you and for all the members here who needs proper tax advice. You can even start it with others like acatrader.

Best Regards,
BAV

diosys

Dear Diosys,

Are you qualified to give advice or just a student or a person with tax knowledge?
If you are qualified, why dont you try talking to traderji to start a serious PAID section where you charge an annual fee/monthly fee or per query fee through traderji? Traderji will take a part of it as administration/bandwidth etc charges. It would be a win-win propsal for both of you and for all the members here who needs proper tax advice. You can even start it with others like acatrader.

Best Regards,
BAV
Dear BAV...

What i am, i cannot divulge because i am bound by certain restrictions in my profession...though i would like to tell you that i am qualified and not a student....

As far as charging fees is concerned.....it for traderji to make an offer and then i would think about the same...otherwise i am very happy giving free advice....

There is one saying for a professional...

A professional does not have "profit" he has only surplus left...

Dear, this above line has a very deep meaning,if understood.....

See ya...

Last edited: