Finvasia

Romeo1998

I use desktop, but Imo all versions should ask for it else it defeats the purpose.
The mobile / web versions don't need google authenticator ?
when this feature was introduced on 31st march 2022, i also didnt like to always use mobile for login n verification...
initially i was using authy desktop software for generating 6 digit login code
if someone doesnt like to use mobile all the time for 6 digit code, they can try authy desktop software
https://authy.com/download/
if you knows programming, then there is no need to use any software or mobile, just generate the code yourself
use pyotp if using python OR otp.net if using c#
i love c++ and c#, so i use otp.net

code for c#
1672019799581.png

its output
1672019836584.png

good luck :)

Verde

The mobile / web versions don't need google authenticator ?
Never tried them so I don't know. :confusedd:

I tried their web version long ago and found it was absolute shit. Never looked at it again. After knowing that their software is total BS anyone who installs the mobile app needs a sanity check.

The weakest point of finvasia is their tech but their support is good compared to others. The other free brokers are also using the same tech developer so expect nothing. :eekk:

when this feature was introduced on 31st march 2022, i also didnt like to always use mobile for login n verification...
initially i was using authy desktop software for generating 6 digit login code
if someone doesnt like to use mobile all the time for 6 digit code, they can try authy desktop software
https://authy.com/download/
if you knows programming, then there is no need to use any software or mobile, just generate the code yourself
use pyotp if using python OR otp.net if using c#
i love c++ and c#, so i use otp.net

code for c#
View attachment 48650
its output
View attachment 48651

good luck :)
Excellent post! :up:
You should start a thread about this so that others who are also hesitating to use google authenticator can use it. The otp.net site seems dead.

I will try it today. :happy: