Finvasia

brokenbull

since 3 weeks Im seeing people crying in this thread and not even 1 reply from finvasia re these problems
I had problems with 0dha not keeping all strikes open for buying and started a thread here, people were asking why I was still with them :confusedd:
within 3 days 0dha doubled the number of strikes. at least they listen to their customers and take action. that is why they are no.1 and finvasia is 91
I am not saying that 0dha is perfect but that is the difference between 0dha and finvasia.

it is sad that clients are losing money becos the platform is shit. all of you shud get together and write to sebi for action. once a hefty fine is imposed they will wake up.

I saw sh** on my friends computer, it take 5 minutes to start up.
it downloads all sorts of unwanted files, same as nest.

sometimes I go out and when I come back I need to close the position urgently......pi takes only 7 seconds to login and close the position. now ask why I am still with 0dha:wacky::DD
In Shoonya closing positions in android app is the fastest option . I do it from any where (home /outside)
Yesterday during the collapse of MCX silver & gold from 2pm to midnight I got in & got out many times only thro app. but I have seen if NSE/Nifty makes a sudden dive all brokers freeze and shoonya was also struggling in all 3 . (10 days ago)

josh1

Every time I place order, I have to place F3 and check whether it is accepted. Many times it disappears. Then I panic.

Beware Shoonya users. Your capital will become Shoonya :DD:DD:DD

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
Here are some of my suggestions to increase stability in 'shoonya desktop' and android app,

(The mobile app is better than desktop. But all three are in early development stage.
Desktop is resource hungry with lots of serious bugs
.)

You can do following steps as of now to increase stability of shoonya:-

For shoonya desktop:

1. Before install add exception to 'the downloaded setup.exe folder' from antivirus software.
After install add exception to installed folder like
C:\FINVASIA\SHOONYA

2. Reduce unnecessary columns from market watch. Right click on column header-custom-columns then add/delete.

3. Go to settings-grid set following
multiscreen chart ON (more crashes occurred when it is off; replacing previous chart make it more unstable).

Trade beep, notify icon, buy, sell, rej ALL ON.

Show system time ON.
Also add LTT in market watch to identify any lag.
If you see any lag, double click on top broadcast.

Sometimes orderbook/tradebook not update.
Click on top interactive first, then press F3, F8 etc.

@Finvasia
Serious bug in orderbook modification: if u put price outside circuit level further modification stops forever untill u cancell that order and place it again.

-----------
Pay in message popup OFF.

Multiple live scanner OFF. (increases stability).

AUTO LOCK OFF -MUST

----------
close price calculation ON.

Finally if u want to trade peacefully never open Chart Window!
You increase chance of crashing it much more if you do so. Specially Charting is in early development stage.

=========

For shoonya android mobile app:

1. For the android app only one advice, use default chart (even changing it to candle type decreases stability). Use trading view etc for charts.

+++++++++

Use finvasia only for execution(there are already bugs, don't make life complicated).
If u r using heavy volume, avoid it for few month, escape the testing phase.

---------
Also we must know now a days 85% beginners use mobile platform, so to catch the mass mob app was necessary.
But, not for the cost of few pro traders who are using desktop soft. We just need a stable desktop like nest first. Mob app is back for pro traders/scalpers who generate the volume using desktop only. Bcoz in professional trading using keyboard+desktop is always much faster option for multiple trades than mobile app.
Why desktop is downloading automatically same file again and again? Log in delay due to this in busy market time after a crash making problem worse. Give us option to skip or download and save after first login every day.

@Finvasia note above, make desktop stable, make option(from settings) to skip/detach charting & analytics or release a light desktop version bcoz many of us have separate charting soft and tools like custom excel etc for scanning, we just need a stable OMS desktop and mob(as backup).

Happy Trading & Best Wishes!

Last edited:

brokenbull

Every time I place order, I have to place F3 and check whether it is accepted. Many times it disappears. Then I panic.

Beware Shoonya users. Your capital will become Shoonya :DD:DD:DD
Getting ridiculous. Just now from 8.25am trying to place AMO orders in (in Margin)MCX & NSE cash stocks in "intraday" order getting rejected saying "market is open". whole system is not linked to the Exchange servers I guess. (both android app & desktop exe)
Update : 10am : AMO orders works after getting sms from Finvasia (say around 8.40am) That means RMS dept enables AMO only after that. But the window is very short up to 8.50/8.54am.
another issue is unable to edit AMO orders which are active during regular hours after 9.15am (during market hours) .I have to delete the amo order & place a fresh regular order (if I dont want 2 orders) or place a fresh additional regular order

Last edited:

brokenbull

Getting ridiculous. Just now from 8.25am trying to place AMO orders in (in Margin)MCX & NSE cash stocks in "intraday" order getting rejected saying "market is open". whole system is not linked to the Exchange servers I guess. (both android app & desktop exe)
Update : 10am : AMO orders works after getting sms from Finvasia (say around 8.40am) That means RMS dept enables AMO only after that. But the window is very short up to 8.50/8.54am.
another issue is unable to edit AMO orders which are active during regular hours after 9.15am (during market hours) .I have to delete the amo order & place a fresh regular order (if I dont want 2 orders) or place a fresh additional regular order
Ladies & Gentlemen
Finvasia support is reading this blog (if not replying here ) . So raise all issues & constructive suggestions. It may be solved.
Just few seconds ago , I got a call from Finvasia . First I said there is no problem .Then he mentioned amo orders ! I said amo orders are not able to edit during regular hours - he suggested cancel amo MCX orders & place a fresh regular order. (Cancelled all my MCX amo orders )

@Finvasia in NEST, If i had a short position with -100qty.
placing a long order with +200qty used to be an easy way to squareoff and go long.

in shoonya, doing same doesn't work.
have to first square off and then enter new trade.
also give option to stop order form from disappearing independent of the confirm popup

Verde

In Shoonya closing positions in android app is the fastest option . I do it from any where (home /outside)
Yesterday during the collapse of MCX silver & gold from 2pm to midnight I got in & got out many times only thro app. but I have seen if NSE/Nifty makes a sudden dive all brokers freeze and shoonya was also struggling in all 3 . (10 days ago)
before closing the position I want to see the chart on a big screen not mobile
as traders we have to run it like a business......we cannot afford to pay for the broker mistake
if one broker is not working then go to another. no favorites

today I started trading with angel again after long time because 0dha is allowing bn strikes of 32300 to 32700 :eekk:only . by evening I will remove all balance from them and shift it to angel

VJAY

before closing the position I want to see the chart on a big screen not mobile
as traders we have to run it like a business......we cannot afford to pay for the broker mistake
if one broker is not working then go to another. no favorites

today I started trading with angel again after long time because 0dha is allowing bn strikes of 32300 to 32700 :eekk:only . by evening I will remove all balance from them and shift it to angel
Dear verde,
Please share your experience with them and charges ,features with them