Finvasia

brokenbull

I have been actively trading with them for little over two years.
The pathetic desktop version has forced me to temporarily pull out of Finvasia and look else ware.

Desktop version continues to lag and crash often …especially when charts are loaded.
Using windows troubleshooting for compatibility seem to have made it a little better.

First, let’s have a basic desktop version that is stable…with quotes..and minimalistic charts…and quick order execution (in the lines of NOW or NEST).
Ideally setting for default market lot should be available.

Anybody with some seriousness, would have first run a new application in parallel with older system, taken feedback from the users, worked on all glitches and then made the change over.
Before pushing down the throats of all customers …atleast put demos video as on YouTube.

The fact remains…the “Shoonya” roll out has raised questions on the seriousness of the management and the ability of their IT team.
1. Day 1 - i asked Finvasia first put out a youtube video demo. They are still working on it ! (it is a work in progress looks like )
2. chart setting still does not save permanently. every time you open the appliaction you need to save frsh ( same IQ chart in zerodha kite saves Chart setting under "view"permanentlly across app & web version )
3. shoonya charts dont update all the time. I place orders & close the application .watch charts in trading view .If order traded in Trading view then I open Shoonya app & place a closing order. Same with Kite android app . AMO's placed at 8.30am. take action if traded via KITE app.
but unlike KITE where you ahve to add the scrip, shoonya showing gainers /loosers in sub index is nice.(apart from your watch lists. Now all watchlists are synchronised in web/desktop/android app.
4. still no order executed pop in shoonya app. (though not running zerodha KITE desktop/app, if existing limit order is executed I could see red dot in my phone& could take action . Still not sure how to enable "order traded" sound or pop out indicator in shoonya.

Finvasia

Need some clarification on margin issue.
For example if I am creating an option spread - Should I sell leg of the option first or buy leg of the option? I believe I should sell first because it will require higher margin ..correct me if am wrong? Also when I exit this position should I square off sell leg first (buy back) or square off buy leg first?
Right @curiousv, higher margin option should be traded first. After that, you will be able to square off any leg. Hope this clarifies. Regards

Right @curiousv, higher margin option should be traded first. After that, you will be able to square off any leg. Hope this clarifies. Regards
Are you sure?
First Buy position, then sell(writing need more margin) is the way i am doing and working with less upfront margin to gain hedging margin benefit.
I am using other broker for it. I buy Nifty one CALL n one PUT otm strikes first, then selling one CALL n one PUT ATM strikes which blocks roughly 70 to 85k. I can do this with my 1L fund only. @Finvasia do you allow me to sell ATM call n put first , then buy OTM call n put to get margin benefit with mere 1 L fund? Pl confirm.
Thanks

cloudTrader

In the new margin regime , when we are placing an Option Spread order then when we first place the buy order then placing the sell order requires less margin as otherwise would be needed.

However while exiting the trade we need to square off the trade then the sell order needs to be exited first.

In the new margin regime , when we are placing an Option Spread order then when we first place the buy order then placing the sell order requires less margin as otherwise would be needed.

However while exiting the trade we need to square off the trade then the sell order needs to be exited first.
Exiting can be Buy positions also done first, sell positions later. Provided enough funds to cover RMS Limits square off percent. Recently done in my account with 1.4 L initial capital, entered 2 OTM longs, 2 ATM shorts in Nifty. Next day my total margin was around 1.62 L with addition of sell margin collected. Third day i exited both buy positions first and i could see margin used around 1.94 L, a shortage of 32K. After a while i exited both sell positions same day without any issue. I have to check my contact note if any kind of penalty levied for short margin.

cloudTrader

Exiting can be Buy positions also done first, sell positions later. Provided enough funds to cover RMS Limits square off percent. Recently done in my account with 1.4 L initial capital, entered 2 OTM longs, 2 ATM shorts in Nifty. Next day my total margin was around 1.62 L with addition of sell margin collected. Third day i exited both buy positions first and i could see margin used around 1.94 L, a shortage of 32K. After a while i exited both sell positions same day without any issue. I have to check my contact note if any kind of penalty levied for short margin.
Today only a friend of mine has received a notification for Rs. 15,000 penalty by Sharekhan for margin shortfall. He was discussing this thing with me and & said that he squared off Buy positions first. He says that it is fault of Sharekhan but I told him that very typical rules of taking snapshot of the account have come in place and if by any chance the snapshot of the account is taken during the period of shortfall then penalty is bound to take place. So I feel it would be better to follow the sequence of exiting if by any chance there is a possibility of shortfall of margin.