Finvasia

raindrops

Finvasia is a good company, sometimes they make stupid decisions.
I opened an account long ago never used it as Nest charts are no good compared to zerodha pi. recently they sent an email with shoonya login and pass so I thought it may be better than Nest and went to download.
The download size of shoonya is 132MB o_O:eek: lol lol there only I cancelled the download.

omega tradestation is 25mb, amibroker is 12mb, pi is 12 mb, nest is 12mb.
any charting software which needs 132mb ....I don't even want to know about it. :DD

Vmaster369

Question for Finvasia

Finvasia Can you make a video tutorial how to convert CNC possiton to intra day in shoonya and viceversa
how to convert intraday to CNC .

Question 1
Why i got this when i was converting this

shoonya is faulty lol if it was nest i wouldn;t face issue
Question 2

You sell a CNC order share worth 2 lakhs at 1:30 pm and at 3:15 pm buy a CNC order of same share and make a 2000 R.s profit
at 3:28 if u try to utilize 2000 shoonya won;t allow
it says i can buy 0 value share

while it should have allows to buy share worth 2000 or atleast 1500 but it won;t allows
Next day if u see account still it won;t show R.s 2000 credits mhm NOW what who has my money lol

Or will u reflect profit only after t+2 settlement day? i.e tomorrow .

if one makes profit in sell CNC order and buys CNC order at 3:15 pm once should be allowed to utilize the profit money in buying
This is flaw in shoonya...

Last edited:
Finvasia is a good company, sometimes they make stupid decisions.
I opened an account long ago never used it as Nest charts are no good compared to zerodha pi. recently they sent an email with shoonya login and pass so I thought it may be better than Nest and went to download.
The download size of shoonya is 132MB o_O:eek: lol lol there only I cancelled the download.

omega tradestation is 25mb, amibroker is 12mb, pi is 12 mb, nest is 12mb.
any charting software which needs 132mb ....I don't even want to know about it. :DD
It's a good app & trading is so much easier with it. So, no complains! I know it's a heavy file but we live with apps like whatsapp, fb so if an app makes our life easy trading with finvasia, then why not? :)

I was happy with using finvasia for quite sometime. But moving to shoonya and disabling nest ( no more nest with finvasia) is the worst choice finvasia made. Why?
* Nest is best in its way. Ofcourse we can't compare html charting with Nest. Feed, order execution speed, RMS and stability are no comparison with other trading software available for us.

Shoonya: ( here I am referring only desktop app)
* tried for 3-4 hours and atleast 5 times it got crashed.. particularly when index charts were open.
*feed with the charts are atleast 5 second late. UI looks better but with delay in feed on charts kills the purpose.
* No pre settings to have predefined quantity for orders. Which is very useful if we have to trade same number of lots all the time. User preference settings need much more improvement here.
* Charts : visibility of colour coding is bad and LTP is not visible clearly when it's green. ( May be it's due to my personal preferences).
Good:
* Pre defined watchlists
* Auto reconnect on internet disconnect. ( Nest reconcile )

verdict: as of today, I would not trade with shoonya due to its stability issues.

Vmaster369

yeah but they refuse to give you nest again .... so we all are stuck with this So called gift shoonya we didn;t ask for lol
we did ask for Good back office but that we will never get
Why finvasia is tring to fix soemthing thats was not broken Nest was free it was light it was good

position converting is broken in shoonya once u did a CNC sell order and you try to convert that to intraday shoonya refuses to do that i pasted problem here but finvasia helpdesk is sleeping

Last edited:

travi

yeah but they refuse to give you nest again .... so we all are stuck with this So called gift shoonya we didn;t ask for lol
we did ask for Good back office but that we will never get
Why finvasia is tring to fix soemthing thats was not broken Nest was free it was light it was good

position converting is broken in shoonya once u did a CNC sell order and you try to convert that to intraday shoonya refuses to do that i pasted problem here but finvasia helpdesk is sleeping
Just my opinion.
Looks like NEST / Omnesys all wrapping up and from last 2 yrs & have down scaled a lot of things and will probably shutdown this product as well so like NSE also withdrawing NOW, pressure is on broker to move to new platform.

Vmaster369

@neo. mx do let us know is nest is going to be discontinued or not when i chated with them they said it is going to be

ok since finvasia has slept i did research and i found this .. now my concept are clear
and only thing idk is has finvasia implemented early pay in or not but i think it;s big clearing house so thats be ok

rajin90

shoonya is same as Blink Trade of JM Financial but with a few more features enabled.
I have worked with blink trade and it works quite well. Charting is slow = same as finvasia's shoonya. I though they might have added greeks but they didn't and neither have IV columns so i would move back to Nest.

Vmaster369

same here i would like to move back to nest
do let us know were u able to move back to nest on finvasia ? coz they said NO to me for nest