Finvasia

Infooo

In a relief to brokers and traders, markets regulator Sebi on Friday said penalty for short-collection will not be applicable if trading members collect at least 20 per cent upfront margin from the client.
The decision has been taken after receiving representations from investors, trading members (TMs) or clearing members (CMs) and stock broker associations.
"If TM/ CM collects minimum 20 per cent upfront margin in lieu of VaR (value at risk) and ELM (extreme loss margin) from the client, then penalty for short-collection/ non-collection of margin shall not be applicable," Sebi said in a circular.

marimuthu13

Dear TJ Members,

Based on the recent SEBI circular, this is to update that following margin shall change from Monday 3rd Aug 2020 in Cash Segment only.

1. For intraday Buy & Sell of shares in Cash segment : You need to have VAR margin and Extreme loss Margin (ELM) on an upfront basis. We have updated the new Margin Calculator on https://www.finvasia.com/calculators. Please visit Margin Calculator - Equity for updated daily margin requirement. The amount showing in “Intraday (Buy/Sell)” is the minimum funds required to trade in the selected stock.

2. For other category shares, we shall daily upload “Exchange VAR Margin List”.

3. Shares Bought on T- day will not be available for selling on T+1 day. Hence, BTST Trades will not be allowed.

Thanks
VAR+ ELM margin collection is postponed to sep2020

@Infooo bhai 20% is required in case we plan to sell our shares from our Demat account. This will be required if broker does not report and transfer our shares on the transaction day.

@marimuthu13 SEBI has just postponed to charge penalty to the clients till 31 Aug so obviously finvasia would not charge any penalty to us. Sooner or later, we need to live with no addl intraday leverage trading.

Dear TJ Members,

Based on the recent SEBI circular, this is to update that following margin shall change from Monday 3rd Aug 2020 in Cash Segment only.

1. For intraday Buy & Sell of shares in Cash segment : You need to have VAR margin and Extreme loss Margin (ELM) on an upfront basis. We have updated the new Margin Calculator on https://www.finvasia.com/calculators. Please visit Margin Calculator - Equity for updated daily margin requirement. The amount showing in “Intraday (Buy/Sell)” is the minimum funds required to trade in the selected stock.

2. For other category shares, we shall daily upload “Exchange VAR Margin List”.

3. Shares Bought on T- day will not be available for selling on T+1 day. Hence, BTST Trades will not be allowed.

Thanks
What about BO/CO??

Hi,
i am having an account with finvasia and pretty satisfied with them. I am using nest trader. I do option scalping on very shorty timeframe(30sec to 3min).I have observed that sometimes there is an lag when iam trying to liquidate a position. i.e it takes nearly 10-20 secs to actually liquidate the position even when it is an market order. Can i know the reason and any possible solution for the same.
Also i would like to know is there any automatic method to set Stoploss in NESTTRADER while placing an order so that in case of internet or system failure the position should not go in any major loss. Also such an method would help to boost my confidence to take bigger trades.

Regards.

Finvasia

Hi,
i am having an account with finvasia and pretty satisfied with them. I am using nest trader. I do option scalping on very shorty timeframe(30sec to 3min).I have observed that sometimes there is an lag when iam trying to liquidate a position. i.e it takes nearly 10-20 secs to actually liquidate the position even when it is an market order. Can i know the reason and any possible solution for the same.
Also i would like to know is there any automatic method to set Stoploss in NESTTRADER while placing an order so that in case of internet or system failure the position should not go in any major loss. Also such an method would help to boost my confidence to take bigger trades.

Regards.
Hi @phneoix! Thanks for your feedback. NEST Trader software needs a stable internet connection for smooth trading. The best solution to place normal and SL orders in one go is to make use of BO (with target), CO or Basket Order. However, if you have set a SL order (be it market or limit), it will be executed regardless of internet connection. If you still need any technical help, please open a ticket and one of our IT executives can call and assist. Regards

@Finvasia I have applied for enabling MCX exchange on 22nd July. Till today you guys have not enabled it. From last Monday I have been chatting on live chat on daily basis but all I get is lies from from your side. When I opened the account in cash segment then also your service was pretty shitty when it came to opening account and this time also it's same.
Some lady called in the Friday evening and told that from Monday I will be able to trade in MCX but I see that was just a lie nothing else.
Are you guys not being paid or underpaid to do your job ?
What do you get by making your customer loose cool ? Just like your brokerage your service is also zero which is not good for your business.

Last edited:
@Finvasia I have applied for enabling MCX exchange on 22nd July. Till today you guys have not enabled it. From last Monday I have been chatting on live chat on daily basis but all I get is lies from from your side. When I opened the account in cash segment then also your service was pretty shitty when it came to opening account and this time also it's same.
Some lady called in the Friday evening and told that from Monday I will be able to trade in MCX but I see that was just a lie nothing else.
Are you guys not being paid or underpaid to do your job ?
What do you get by making your customer loose cool ? Just like your brokerage your service is also zero which is not good for your business.
Just got a call that the exchange has been enabled. I should have written here earlier.