Finvasia

EXPIRY DAY POLICY FOR DELIVERY BASED FUTURES & OPTIONS

Dear TJ Members,
Based on investors' demand, we have updated our RMS policy for Delivery based Equity Futures & Options Contracts on the expiry day. Following shall be applicable:

UNTIL WEDNESDAY
1. Equity Futures & Options trading shall be allowed to Buy & Sell (NRML, MIS, CO, BO) till Wednesday EOD

THURSDAY (EXPIRY DAY)
2. Fresh Buying and Selling of current month Options contracts shall be blocked for trading in all order types (NRML, MIS, CO, BO). Only square off mode shall be allowed
3. Current month Future contracts shall be allowed to trade in MIS, CO, BO only.
4. NRML Order Type: Current month Futures and Options contracts shall be in square off mode in NRML order type. Open positions can be closed only.
5. In case you do not have 100% full margin for delivery, all current month NRML order type positions shall be auto squared off at 2 PM on expiry day. We will not square off if complete margin is available
6. Square OFF Timing for MIS, CO, BO Orders: Current month Future contracts shall be squared off at the usual time of 3.25 PM.

The policy shall be implemented from the June Expiry Month contracts onwards. Happy Trading !
i guess point 2 means end of Expiry Trading with Finvasia, right? or i m missing something

i confirmed with there chat, they say no new position can be made even in nifty on expiry day, which is going to expiry in few hours. again is this confusion or i m missing here again.

it is only for delivery based future and options ...so not applicable to cash settled contratcs such as nifty and bank nifty
i confirmed with there chat, they say no new position can be made even in nifty on expiry day, which is going to expiry in few hours. again is this confusion or i m missing here again.

EXPIRY DAY POLICY FOR DELIVERY BASED FUTURES & OPTIONS

They clearly said that this policy is for delivery based FO contracts only. Index, weekly contracts and non delivery are not included (so they are allowed). what is the confusion ?

Sir but if you allow option trading in normal on expiry day and client do not close the position in normal. it will automatically get converted and require full delivery margin. The risk is too high. am i missing something ?

Sir but if you allow option trading in normal on expiry day and client do not close the position in normal. it will automatically get converted and require full delivery margin. The risk is too high. am i missing something ?
That could equally happen with the positions held overnight, forgetting to close the position.

Alternatively, some kind of auto-square off can be provided for special days too.