Finvasia

Finvasia

As a client have the right to know how much @Finvasia loss during Crude episode.

Angel Broking ban CrudeOil trading due to their losses during Crude episode, same goes for Finvasia, I guess.

Is there any clause in the sign document that we provide during account opening give @Finvasia the right to ban trading on any symbol according to your own sweet will? Is this legal?

For your reference: FYERS enable BO/CO for Crude Oil with 3x leverage

So give us a date when @Finvasia allow us to trade in crude.
Hi @HappyLife! Please refer to our reply here:
We have been experiencing enhanced (in some sense, unprecedented) volatility across equity and commodities over several weeks. Crude was an exceptional event and it impacted a lot of brokers in India including Finvasia. We have a few accounts that went into negative but it was insignificant to us with respect to our net worth and/or balance sheet.

Finvasia is among very few brokers in India who provides access to all the exchanges from a same single entity i.e. Finvasia Securities Pvt Ltd. So, whether you are trading stocks, FnO or Commodities, you have a single segregated account where one ledger covers the margin requirements across all exchanges.

Like every other broker in India, we also had traders who held positions in Crude Oil but that didn't happen to be the only position in their book, they also had positions in Equity, or had cash margin available in their account, since its a "single account" for all exchanges. In such accounts, even though the crude position went significantly in debit, the over all account was not in debit. At the same time, there were very few accounts that were long crude oil and had no other position or balance in their account and those accounts obviously are in negative. For Finvasia, the number of such accounts is extremely small and did not impact our balance sheets in any meaningful way.
Thanks
Please note we are reviewing our RMS policy on Crude Oil based on market conditions and system's ability for negative trade and settlement price. We will update once there are any changes.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Hi finvasia referring to this case , he has to pay 1% penalty ie Rs 19000.
https://www.traderji.com/community/threads/option-scam-rule-penelty-lol-again.109192/#post-1415239

1) If I am carrying options and lets say sold on monday then I cant buy futures , stocks that day with that money ? can I buy different option ?

2) If I am carrying futures and lets say sold on monday then I cant buy other future or option with that money on same day ?

what are other different cases . please explain so that we be careful and avoid penalty.

Yes, you can trade this on NEST in MIS.
Just making sure about buying on NSE and selling on BSE or Buying on BSE and selling on NSE ...is allowed by Finvasia because I was reading your previous responses ..and if I am not mistaken you said ...even if someone chooses different exchange to square off ...it will not square off. So for example I buy 1000 sbi on NSE and sell the same on BSE ...the position will not square off ...eventually RMS will auto square off on both exchanges separately. Please confirm that when I square off ..it will be squared off as if I bought them in single exchange.

Hi @curiousv!

As per SEBI, client has to clear debit on T+5 day else we need to stop trading services in all segments. In case your MTM is negative, you are required pay the debit amount, else the collateral of the same amount shall be sold on T+5 day.

The interest is charged if you are trading in F&O, have collateral and debit MTM balance. Say, you are trading in F&O and have stock worth 100,000. As long as you have cash in your account, you can keep trading. Once your available balance is negative, you need to pay the debit amount, even if it is for one day. Also, if the debit balance continues for 5 days, we need to sell your stocks and recover the debit balance. The interest shall be applicable from debit day till T+5.
I am sorry, I am still confused about the interest part.
Let's say I sold bank nifty 21000 CE as NRML order and want to carry it until expiry. At the time of placing this trade margin requirement was about Rs. 52k and at that time I had 26K in cash and 26K funds as collateral against my shares(pledged)
Now lets say my bet is wrong and bank nifty started going up so premium will go up so my position will be in loss ..so for example when my positional loss (MTM) has to be at least more than 26K before you will charge interest ? and I believe when this happens - there will be margin penalty of 1% per day by exchange?
You did not say how much interest you will charge per day?

TraderRavi

low risk profile
I am sorry, I am still confused about the interest part.
Let's say I sold bank nifty 21000 CE as NRML order and want to carry it until expiry. At the time of placing this trade margin requirement was about Rs. 52k and at that time I had 26K in cash and 26K funds as collateral against my shares(pledged)
Now lets say my bet is wrong and bank nifty started going up so premium will go up so my position will be in loss ..so for example when my positional loss (MTM) has to be at least more than 26K before you will charge interest ? and I believe when this happens - there will be margin penalty of 1% per day by exchange?
You did not say how much interest you will charge per day?
no, as per your example margin needed is 52k and you have stocks 26k + cash 26k. now you need some more cash for daily MTM. lets say your position is 10k in loss so your cash must be 26k+10k=36k+
otherwise penalty/interest will be charged on this 10k.

no, as per your example margin needed is 52k and you have stocks 26k + cash 26k. now you need some more cash for daily MTM. lets say your position is 10k in loss so your cash must be 26k+10k=36k+
otherwise penalty/interest will be charged on this 10k.
Ok let me clarify it further...lets say I have 26K and 36K in collateral margin and I have 10k MTM loss 10K surplus collateral margin will supply the margin deficit or it has to be cash

Ok let me clarify it further...lets say I have 26K and 36K in collateral margin and I have 10k MTM loss 10K surplus collateral margin will supply the margin deficit or it has to be cash
If MTM loss are not there in cash but in the collateral margin, indirectly you are asking the broker to sell ur holdings ..or pay penalty for short margin