Finvasia

Finvasia

When you provide margin funding against shares either pledging in favor or NSCCL or provide your own funding ..do you charge any interest ..if yes how much interest you charge?
CCA is used if the client wants to take margin against shares. There is no interest for using your own shares for trading. The shares which you transfer to our CCA are pledged to NSCCL for margin.

Hi @curiousv, It depends on the broker and we advise for 50% cash. In case of option selling, you need to clear your debit balance within 5 days else your shares may be sold on 5th day as per SEBI guidelines.

You can use for MIS and NRML.

When you say money against client shares, we understand you are referring to intraday margin against shares. We do not charge any interest if you need margin to trade intraday. Thanks
Need further clarification.
1. You said it depends on broker (that is what I thought that it is not mandated by SEBI at client level) ..You also said we advise 50% cash but it is not a rule for you like Zerodha correct? For example, if I am selling option on NRML (carry) basis ..and I have only 25% cash and remaining 75% comes from margin against my shares - it is not allowed? or its allowed for up to 5 days and than on 5th day I need at least 50% cash for open positions?
2. So if I use margin against shares for NRML position(carry) for option selling - than you charge interest? I understand for MIS you dont charge any interest but what about carry /NRML ?

HappyLife

As a client have the right to know how much @Finvasia loss during Crude episode.

Angel Broking ban CrudeOil trading due to their losses during Crude episode, same goes for Finvasia, I guess.

Is there any clause in the sign document that we provide during account opening give @Finvasia the right to ban trading on any symbol according to your own sweet will? Is this legal?

For your reference: FYERS enable BO/CO for Crude Oil with 3x leverage
BO/CO and Intraday Orders enabled for Crude Oil
So give us a date when @Finvasia allow us to trade in crude.

Finvasia

Hi @curiousv!
Need further clarification.
1. You said it depends on broker (that is what I thought that it is not mandated by SEBI at client level) ..You also said we advise 50% cash but it is not a rule for you like Zerodha correct? For example, if I am selling option on NRML (carry) basis ..and I have only 25% cash and remaining 75% comes from margin against my shares - it is not allowed? or its allowed for up to 5 days and than on 5th day I need at least 50% cash for open positions?
As per SEBI, client has to clear debit on T+5 day else we need to stop trading services in all segments. In case your MTM is negative, you are required pay the debit amount, else the collateral of the same amount shall be sold on T+5 day.
2. So if I use margin against shares for NRML position(carry) for option selling - than you charge interest? I understand for MIS you dont charge any interest but what about carry /NRML ?
The interest is charged if you are trading in F&O, have collateral and debit MTM balance. Say, you are trading in F&O and have stock worth 100,000. As long as you have cash in your account, you can keep trading. Once your available balance is negative, you need to pay the debit amount, even if it is for one day. Also, if the debit balance continues for 5 days, we need to sell your stocks and recover the debit balance. The interest shall be applicable from debit day till T+5.