Finvasia

I just tried using Scalpert instead of NEST. NEST crashed and hung on me yesterday afternoon when I was on a trade. So, i thought of trading in scalpert today and opened scalpert. It feels worse than NEST. Way way worse. The look and feel is bad. The reaction times are worst. Site is unbelievably slow, and I can't even change the time frame of the charts? Who builds a charting platform without the ability to switch timeframes?

I am not complaining. I never expected Scalpert to work so well on par with Fyers or Zerodha Kite or whatever. But they should have not discontinued NSE NOW for new customers and offer only SCALPERT or NEST - where NEST is the only pragmatic option any sane minded person trading would choose. We should have had the option to choose to switch to NSE NOW. Eventually they are also going to phase out NSE NOW users and force them to use NEST or Scalpert, and eventually NEST is also going away. I heard all this from their customer support team.

On top of this, they take forever for account opening. One of my friends applied last month and still hasn't gotten a response or have an agent reach out to him. I don't know whether these guys want to build their business or eventually shut down and go home.

I just tried using Scalpert instead of NEST. NEST crashed and hung on me yesterday afternoon when I was on a trade. So, i thought of trading in scalpert today and opened scalpert. It feels worse than NEST. Way way worse. The look and feel is bad. The reaction times are worst. Site is unbelievably slow, and I can't even change the time frame of the charts? Who builds a charting platform without the ability to switch timeframes?

I am not complaining. I never expected Scalpert to work so well on par with Fyers or Zerodha Kite or whatever. But they should have not discontinued NSE NOW for new customers and offer only SCALPERT or NEST - where NEST is the only pragmatic option any sane minded person trading would choose. We should have had the option to choose to switch to NSE NOW. Eventually they are also going to phase out NSE NOW users and force them to use NEST or Scalpert, and eventually NEST is also going away. I heard all this from their customer support team.

On top of this, they take forever for account opening. One of my friends applied last month and still hasn't gotten a response or have an agent reach out to him. I don't know whether these guys want to build their business or eventually shut down and go home.
Ur absolutely right ,..!! :)

I experienced the same, It took a pretty long time for me to open an account with them.
Their customer care / chat support is not at all synced with their technical/ telephone support team. Chat support will promise a call back which never comes .. LoL..
About Scalpert, they said its under development phase, I wonder who gives under developed tool to their clients ?

NEST never gave any problem to me as of now ,.. but more testing is required.

Even though they r planning to expand their business, they r not willing to take initiatives like Fyers guys. Who opened their apis for free. So if @Finvasia is listening , OPEN APIS for FREE and make sure it doesnt have glitch like scalpert or ur customer care support.

@trade4learn exactly my point. Who gives undeveloped platform to clients and forces clients to trade in that?

2 days back, nest crashed while putting a buy order SL-order. The buy order went through, SL order didn't. It took me 4 minutes to log back in, and by that time position was already down 10 points. In F&O this is significant. Whatever i save in their brokerage, i have lost in the losses due to the platform. When i ask NSE NOW, they are forcing us to use NEST or Scalpert. I am thinking of moving funds out of Finvasia to Wisdom Cap or INteractive brokers.

IB would be a great choice for futures trading :)

Good luck with it,.. I will see how my journey fares out with Finvasia ,..!!

I hope soon they will realize they need better trading platforms :)

Eventually they are also going to phase out NSE NOW users
Nse never bothers to upgrade now and it looks more like that the exchange may eventually phase NOW out. It is actually wise to move out of NOW. And now only gives you access to nse. NEST is a better platform in all aspects when compared to NOW not sure why are you so vocal about it. Hv been using nest for years & it never gave trouble. Infact now has been sluggish and slow.

I don't know whether these guys want to build their business or eventually shut down and go home.
Not allowing new users on NOW doesn’t mean they are out of business lol it means they are trying get out of platforms that the vendor itself is not bothered to work on. Try nest. And I hope you read they gave up their pro trading account, which fyers and zerodha still trade in. cant expect them to be perfect. But as they are growing they seem like the most trader friendly broker around

In my experience NOW uses more RAM after running for fews hours and closes by itself, NEST is far more better than NOW and it is the best available stable platform

Back in 2018, when i was regularly trading, NSE NOW was the most stable, never gave out during high volatility events unlike Kite or Pi, and was always reliable. I just began trading again last month and not having access to NOW and with the crash issues in NEST, finding it difficult.

Also, when i close the laptop and open the laptop, the application doesn't resume receiving data - instead i am having to log out and log in back again to receive market data. Otherwise, it's just frozen. Have you faced this issue? How to remedy this?

Also, I have seen Zerodha's Cover Order and the ability to move the SL price beyond the cost price once the trade moves in your favor. NEST trader on Finvasia doesn't allow that. What do you suggest as a workaround for that - provided say you don't have the capital to put on two sell orders (in options) one for SL and another for target?

In my experience NOW uses more RAM after running for fews hours and closes by itself, NEST is far more better than NOW and it is the best available stable platform
Hi.. I see you and even @Aman_trader25 uses NEST... Do you have any link whereby i can learn more of how to use it ?? i am trying it with Finvasia account. But i cant see graphs .... or even create proper watchlists etc.. anywhere i can see how to do it properly... i tried youtube but NEST demos given there are not pertaining to finvasia...

Wonder if you or anyone else can help out.

thanks in advance.
Greg