Finvasia

CougarTrader

Is Finvasia wise choice? Are they as good as UPSTOX or ZERODHA when comes to order processing? Also is money with them is safe? Sorry for naive newbie questions.
U & Z provide their own charting platforms (web/desktop) but their OMS/RMS sucks sporadically. So, what the point of those fancy tools or plastic features...

If you can trade using NEST, for charting use any other platform of your choice and not prone to use too-much leverage, then no problem with FA whatsoever! Very helpful customer service.... Trading with them for more than a year and half... No problem so far...

gautam7821

Finvasia may charge (not decided yet)for transferring shares from demat to collateral account ( for margin). Bad for swing traders who use margin against collateral shares.

Last edited:
After SEBI circular, all shares shall be directly transferred from broker pool ac to client Demat account. So, in case we need to take a margin for these shares, it has to be sent from our account back to broker collateral account. The cost of trading is going high and high. This is applicable to all brokers.

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Spoke with finvasia today, they are saying they will upgrade scalpert and are keen to forward the feedback to their development team. However I couldn't get a reply from them that they are releasing new upgrade sooner. Customer Service suggested to use NEST for only 49Rs a month.

Haven't used one before and even seen before. Can those who used NEST confirm it's worth installing on desktop? although I'm more of web guy, I could give it a go if reviews are good.

What other feature does it comes with? Do we get new version or Omnysys version which is not shown on their website anymore?

gautam7821

Spoke with finvasia today, they are saying they will upgrade scalpert and are keen to forward the feedback to their development team. However I couldn't get a reply from them that they are releasing new upgrade sooner. Customer Service suggested to use NEST for only 49Rs a month.

Haven't used one before and even seen before. Can those who used NEST confirm it's worth installing on desktop? although I'm more of web guy, I could give it a go if reviews are good.

What other feature does it comes with? Do we get new version or Omnysys version which is not shown on their website anymore?
ScalperT is upgraded to 1.2.0 recently, but still not up to the mark. I would like to see a light version focussing on real-time data , order execution. Not expecting new version by this year. Hope they will release next upgrade soon.

I have used NEST and find is really good. Not too fancy but execution wise does a good job. They have multiple version and the latest one is on their site. Maybe, you can take a demo before deciding.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Today I've taken demo of nest but facing reconnecting issue, i.e., when internet restarts, nest stops updating, I've to logout and relogin. Am I doing something wrong??
use File < refresh broadcast .
unfortunately my net is very bad and disconnects quite often so I have to use this. Today I have done more than 100 times refresh broadcast as net was disconnecting every minute :banghead::banghead::banghead: