Finvasia

Hello all,
Can someone explain why there is mtm and PNL difference (check pic) - even though there was no FNO position -
just intraday (mis) position which were squared off @neo.mx @Finvasia @josefjohny @Vmaster369 @dpksingh571
PNL is exact Profit and loss status from buying price,While MTM is Profit/Loss with respect to previous day close price.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

You doing Eq trades so look and consider only PNL thats important .
you can ignore mtm for Eq

you want to get your exact P/L go here
https://backoffice.finvasia.com/CAP/index.jsp
then click Long term short term Report
When I check contract note - figures are as per MTM are shown there and same reflected in global report.
But when I check short/long term report - figures there are shown as per daily PNL figures I showed above ...am confused. Can someone look carefully ..is there any discrepancy ?
Ideally - amount shown in contract note (which is as per daily MTM shown above) should go in PNL report because that is my daily profit or loss.
why there is difference between what is shown on contract note and figure that goes in to PNL preort?

Last edited:
You doing Eq trades so look and consider only PNL thats important .
you can ignore mtm for Eq

you want to get your exact P/L go here
https://backoffice.finvasia.com/CAP/index.jsp
then click Long term short term Report
Please check attached... you will daily mtm amount is 1352.10 that amount is on the contract note in line - 'PAY IN/ PAY OUT OBLIGATION(Incl. Brok) '- check contract note attached. as u can see daily mtm figure goes in to contract note than all other govt charges are added. than total is deducted from my global report i.e. ledger.

But when I check and calculate - long/short term PNL under jobbing - it shows 1358.47 which is shown in daily PNL in the attached picture. @neo.mx @dpksingh571

Attachments

Last edited:

Finvasia

Why dont u explain here ..if u dont know ask that team to explain you and u explain here..so we can avoid call hold etc...which is frustrating .
Hi @curiousv! We need your client code to cross verify the details. So, we can understand your issue and help you out in the best possible way. We appreciate your understanding. Regards

Hi @curiousv! We need your client code to cross verify the details. So, we can understand your issue and help you out in the best possible way. We appreciate your understanding. Regards
I have already uploaded pictures on this thread...u dont need client code. I think you are playing with words here.. ..just give clear explanation in this thread.

Vmaster369

@curiousv go in prism and open a help ticket . they will call you they always do ...

i dont think they will answer u in here . you open help ticket they call you u get answers

From post #3,848
it appears that Days M2M displays profit and loss u made with position being 0 i.e [ your buy price - your sell price ]
and P&L displays .. [ Your buy price - the CMP ] this could have been profit if u not squared off position ;xD

So look at m2m if your mis position is Zer0
and look at P&L when it;s your CNC

Last edited: