Finvasia

@Finvasia - After selling a stock put or call option and blocking the margin for the same - this margin requirement change when volatility and/or price change during the day or it remains same which we initially blocked when created the sell position?

brokenbull

Finvasia ------------17TH march CNC stocks buys ----not all showed up today 18th morning in T1
4 scrips were missing. 2 showed up after reminder & were able to sell. other 2 no show.

any way those missing pharma stocks were down all day. so did not bother.
we need fool proof update of the overnight purchases of stock in T1 next day . then only can confidently trade.

Finvasia

@Finvasia - After selling a stock put or call option and blocking the margin for the same - this margin requirement change when volatility and/or price change during the day or it remains same which we initially blocked when created the sell position?
Hi @curiousv! Margin files are shared by the exchanges and updated multiple times during the day in the back end automatically. Usually the margins remain same but if due to volatility margin increases, client needs to pay the increased margin which will be intimated by us through mail in case of short margin. Kindly reach out to our support for any further query. Regards

Finvasia

Finvasia ------------17TH march CNC stocks buys ----not all showed up today 18th morning in T1
4 scrips were missing. 2 showed up after reminder & were able to sell. other 2 no show.

any way those missing pharma stocks were down all day. so did not bother.
we need fool proof update of the overnight purchases of stock in T1 next day . then only can confidently trade.
Hi @brokenbull! Kindly inbox us your client code, we'll have someone from the team get in touch to look into the issue. Regards

brokenbull

Hi @brokenbull! Kindly inbox us your client code, we'll have someone from the team get in touch to look into the issue. Regards
1) the issue got resolved almost (except 1 scrip). it looks like sometimes stocks appear in T1 next day late afternoon only & not early morning.
For us to confidently to do BTST with quantity, we need somewhat guarantee that all overnight scrip buy will show up in T1 by 9am (though CDSL is T+2) like zerodha does.
2, Bigger problem is (for non POA client needing cdsl tpin+otp ) Finvasia has no blanket approval & no CDSL pop up during AMO !
A. if you can do like zerodha -one scrip permission obtain cdsl permission with tpin+otp ---all other scrips no need one by one cdsl permission( I mean blanket permission .)
B. If that is not possible (i mean blanket pemission) at least enable cdsl pop out for CNC sell during amo at 8am like zerodha .
we can undergo the torture -one by one sell permisssion to place CNC sell order during 8-8.30am. afterwards only edit orders during market hours.
C. with one by one CDSL tpin+otp- it becomes tough to place more than 5-7 cc sell orders .(Iam doing up to 10 .but it is torture)
D. due to this issue now restricting overnight purchases not more than 5 scrips.
3. Still Charts are not saving (web version) .
every stock starts ramayana from ther beginning.
shoonya android remembers the chart settings though always starts in 1 min.

Finvasia

Did saving on brokerage inspire you to give ?

We believe, most of you might have been doing your bit by helping those in need. All we ask of you is to share your story with our community and inspire those who are looking for that little nudge!
Share your Shoonya story.

Here is what you need to do:-
1. Tag any of your 2 friends along with @Finvasia and @ShoonyaApp in your twitter/facebook post.
2. Upload a Selfie/Video, sharing your good deeds. You can also write a short story of the gesture.
3. Add #SavebrokerageSpreadKindness and #ShoonyaStories

Rules:-
1. Three most inspiring stories will be awarded each week from the last week stories.
2. Once you have been declared a winner, you’ll not be eligible to participate again.
3. Multiple entries from the same person can be submitted within the week.
4. Winner shall be announced on each Monday.
5. Contest open till 31st May 2021.
2.png

Vmaster369

NO ty i think i am post my story instead on facebook

i have delivery of shares in demate account . on 24th march 20121 i sold order in cnc in 16 min i covered back all all shares .Everything is in cnc with profit .
At end of day it;s 0 as i sold and bought same qty in CNC
today i got email

Today 25 marth 2021 at 10;00 am i got email.
This is to inform that there is a margin short in your Trading Code : FAXX58 of Rs. 3,42,732 /-approx. in FO/CDS/NCDEX/MCX for date: 24-Mar-2021 To avoid the short margin penalty, you can deposit cheque amount of Rs. 3,42,732 /- dated 24-Mar-2021. from your registered bank account in our below mention client account today. For any further clarifications you can reach Client Support at +911724740000, 6750000
Our bank detail is mentioned below:

Why the email?

the guy called as i requested call he said
You can buy only 80% of what u sell on same CNC as 20% margin need to be kept since when we have converted Eq into f& 0 bussiness

and ok agreed exchnage has done that

SO why did your system allowed me to buy more then 80%

FAULT IS IN YOUR SYSTEM WHY IT ALOWED ME TO BUY MORE THEN 80% . now why did u create a margin short?
you have my delivery do a early pay in sell my share and with that money buy the share same so no margin shot will arise
I have POA given to them
so now what happens?
Lol u charge me with penalty i am, go to zerodha saying bye to u

Any other knowledgeable pplz share your thought ?

So let me YOu have delivery u sell and u cannt buy back instantly in cnc ? huh THATS BS

i log to shoonya . it shows me - 964.74 that i understand thats stt amount and that will get clear by tomorrow when u will deposit profit that i generated yesterday

So I DONT GET TO SEE -3,42,732 IN MY TRADING ACCOUNT and i have to penalty on - 3,42,732 too ? while u show only 965.74 negative
Great

thats like marry a girl without even seeing her face
why not put a negative 342732 then demand penelty .. what penelelty ia m paying basically? just base don your email? lol

Yeah my name and code is visible in Grey shade next to refresh i no longer care ...

Was email sent in error to me or do i really deserve penalty is question that i seek answer. and
finvasia prism create ticket not working they have smartly disabled the opt sending saying some mcx BS error User mcx category declaration otp error so i cannt create help ticket
May be this is new way NSE is scamming to ppls or the broker idk

MARGIN SHORTS IN CNC AND IN EQ THATS A NEW ONE

AT end of day my position was 0 so i am not using any fantasia's money do why margin short
and i have delivery of shares so go sell that and then do early pain and with that money buy the share that i bought so no margin short will occur in any case.

none of finvasia money was used so no penalty

i am check daily my ledger moment i see penelty ia m file a NSE complaint ..

Last edited:
Hi @curiousv! Margin files are shared by the exchanges and updated multiple times during the day in the back end automatically. Usually the margins remain same but if due to volatility margin increases, client needs to pay the increased margin which will be intimated by us through mail in case of short margin. Kindly reach out to our support for any further query. Regards
I believe it changes 6 times a day ..and 4 times during market hours...my question is ...when it changes during market hours - do we have to immediately add more margin? Also do you require client to maintain 50:50 cash to collateral ration while selling option or having overnight Future position ?