Finvasia

VJAY

Worst step by finvasia to directly implement shoonya forcibly to traders without proper tests.....today stuck terminal many times that too when I tryed my orders...am informing it since few days ..as it stucking 2-3 times daily....no other option have to move out from finvasia:mad::mad:

Hi @tradermodified! Could you please elaborate your issue, so we can help you out. Regards
Sorry
If there would have been, 1-2 issues, I would have posted in detail
But there are so many, and so cant spend (read waste) my time on explaining each and every issue.

I thanks my stars, that a trader friend of mine, to whom I refer you to open a trading account, a month back, didnt open an account with you. Otherwise, he would have ki**ed me.

Vmaster369

Finvasia a quick way out for you is to bring back NEST Trader .. and keep shoonya for mobile only it be Perfect

How is that EDIS function coming or that is for worshipping like god only ?

Shoonya desktop LAGS.
Or give us Shoonya Lite that has quote buy sell and basic charts only NO IDOTIC Functions that make it lags

Last edited:
Dear TJ members,

We are very much available and closely reviewing all the feedbacks shared. So, thought to quickly share on few suggestions

1. Implementation of Shoonya: Change is always challenging but is one of the potential ways to move forward. There have been various internal policy changes with NEST and our priority is always to offer the possibly best trading platforms to our clients. There may be some features which are different from the legacy system but we are planning to add more and more features in the near future. We genuinely extend our gratitude to all the members for sharing their thoughts and assure to keep customizing in the possible time-frame. So, we would once again, advice our clients to continue using the apps as we focus on the product development.

2. eDIS : We fairly agree and assure that it won’t take long to implement this. We don’t mind to accept that it is delayed than expected yet we plan to go live on this at the earliest possible.

3. Margins : Currently we are in the middle of various compliances to be implemented specially the hedging margins and peak reporting margin. We would like to keep fair balance between clients expectation (or we can say, how it has been happening in the industry since a long time) versus recent guidelines from regulators. We would make all possible efforts to pass the benefits to clients. There are never any intentions to ask for additional margin. Lets discuss about an example

a. Buy high margin Future first (example Nifty has Rs 1.56 L) and low margin option trade (Nifty Put buy premium Rs 7500) later: In this case, generally margin for future is higher. Since you trade future first, system shall check for the higher margin (as required for peak margin reporting) and you can trade option with low margin. Once both trades are executed and due to hedge margin benefit, system shall only block 30,000 and release balance. There is generally no issue.

b. Low margin first (say Option trade) and then high margin trade (say Future trade): In this case, the second leg (Future trade) needs higher margin and historically there was no issue since there was no intraday peak margin reporting. In the current situation, since you entered low margin (Option trade) first, we are asking for full margin for second leg (Future trade) which is higher than hedged margin (as per exchange on the trade level). We are working on it but currently, you need to have margin at trade level and not order level.

The challenge is when you buy low margin first and high margin later. It is expected that system should ask for hedged margin and not full high margin when you enter the second leg (Future trade). The issue is if you exit low margin trade first (say Options) while closing the position. When you exit low margin trade, your open position needs high margin (Future trade) for peak reporting. If you do not have enough margins for the high margin (say Future) trade at the time of entering the trade, you shall be reported for short margin penalty since full margin was not asked when you entered the trade. Hope this shall explain the current limitation as we get more clarification from the compliance and regulators in certain case.

We are working to prioritize the features based on the number of feedbacks received while tagging @ShoonyaApp. Please feel free to reach us for any more clarifications.

Regards
Need some clarification on margin issue.
For example if I am creating an option spread - Should I sell leg of the option first or buy leg of the option? I believe I should sell first because it will require higher margin ..correct me if am wrong? Also when I exit this position should I square off sell leg first (buy back) or square off buy leg first?

nadiyakinare

Shoonya stopped working
anyone else facing this issue.

btw, what to do for a refresh.

ed - started working
on Broadcast right click and select NORMAL..... socket is full of bugs. after some time terminal does get data but it stops to show/update just for visual.... still auto reconnection happens many times in a day

nadiyakinare

I don't know why but Shoonya has an option "Bind to Excel" which never works. Does anyone know why? CC is pretty muhc in avoidance mode regarding this issue. The drop down list for finding stocks is a joke. You will never find the proper strike price in time. I asked finvasia CC to extend my usage period of nest by a few months and they refused. Shoonya is a good working concept, but lets face it, if you think this is anything above alpha, you're joking. You can't even move its window to another monitor.
first you need to write to their client support that you want bind to excel function enabled then after 2 day you can use it with 32 bit excel

nadiyakinare

Worst step by finvasia to directly implement shoonya forcibly to traders without proper tests.....today stuck terminal many times that too when I tryed my orders...am informing it since few days ..as it stucking 2-3 times daily....no other option have to move out from finvasia:mad::mad:
will suggest to turn off auto lock terminal option in settings and use broadcast on normal

nadiyakinare

Finvasia a quick way out for you is to bring back NEST Trader .. and keep shoonya for mobile only it be Perfect

How is that EDIS function coming or that is for worshipping like god only ?

Shoonya desktop LAGS.
Or give us Shoonya Lite that has quote buy sell and basic charts only NO IDOTIC Functions that make it lags
in my experience it is only lagging if we use charts. they should either fix it or remove charting function altogether.
so far shoonya desktop never takes more then 3% of my cpu, which is less compare to nest which used to take 9% or had not crashed so far with 30 strikes of data with bind to excel function continuously updating excel for 6 hours everyday.

I have been actively trading with them for little over two years.
The pathetic desktop version has forced me to temporarily pull out of Finvasia and look else ware.

Desktop version continues to lag and crash often …especially when charts are loaded.
Using windows troubleshooting for compatibility seem to have made it a little better.

First, let’s have a basic desktop version that is stable…with quotes..and minimalistic charts…and quick order execution (in the lines of NOW or NEST).
Ideally setting for default market lot should be available.

Anybody with some seriousness, would have first run a new application in parallel with older system, taken feedback from the users, worked on all glitches and then made the change over.
Before pushing down the throats of all customers …atleast put demos video as on YouTube.

The fact remains…the “Shoonya” roll out has raised questions on the seriousness of the management and the ability of their IT team.