Finvasia

Today I used shoonya. so far it is very good and 100000% better than scalpert. 200% better than the nest. Many good features they had added. Today I just traded commodities as old trade was there. I will see how FNO works. Chart are also good as per my requirement. But need to know Fibonacci extension is there or not, Gartley should be made more friendly so that harmonic pattern can be drawn, fractal also should be given instead of fractal chaos band and fractal chaos oscillator which keeps the chart neat, backfill they are providing for 1 month if they are planned to make it paid then they should increase backfill 6-month atleast , if open interest indicator provided which helps in analyzing real-time open interest will be best. Only one issue but not major restore but is not functioning properly and I can't move to my second big screen. One more thing if they also provide Elliot counting of degreed better. Most imp fib expansion. Out 10 I can give them now 7. Rest 3 will give on these issues solved. As I shifted from nest to shonya so at start some issues with margin and intraday conversion. Later they solved instantly. I don't mind paying them if at affordable prices for shoonya if few things solved. As they are saving lakh of rupees brokerage per month so they deserve some income too. I am not a freebie. They should start leverage plan too like earlier with charges. As in intraday nothing going to zero. And allow crude trading with a low margin like other brokers. Overall I am satisfied in commodities. Will see how equity and currency works.

Last edited:
I've tested it today. Looks like a better version of IIFL Trade Terminal. Though it needs a lot of improvements. Order placing will be active from tomorrow, so cant say much about it as of now. Charts are pathetic, not too much of history also chart window is less responsive. One need to have any 3rd party app for professional charting. One must not relay on charts of Shoonya or any other brokers including Zerodha kite charts.

Some tools in Analytics r good for day traders, I liked them.

but honestly speaking, still it needs to go miles to meet Nest IMO. But let's hope they will keep on making it better, unlike Scalpert which never been updated properly.
Agreed. I had third party software. But they improve a few things as I said I don't mind to pay them if at an affordable price.

Hello

There are many who use NEST to pull data into their charting program through excel, etc.

Does this new trading software you are shifting everyone to have the same feature
with a link to excel and will it be enabled by default.

Hello

There are many who use NEST to pull data into their charting program through excel, etc.

Does this new trading software you are shifting everyone to have the same feature
with a link to excel and will it be enabled by default.

That will be a tricky question.

Data from NOW/NEST r pretty good. Specially for NinjaTrader users. One will need some broker with NEST to continue this. Finvasia shouldn't have forced Shoonya, infact they could have continued with both of them.

That will be a tricky question.

Data from NOW/NEST r pretty good. Specially for NinjaTrader users. One will need some broker with NEST to continue this. Finvasia shouldn't have forced Shoonya, infact they could have continued with both of them.
They still have an option of extending the date say by 3 or 6 months :DD

Many will be even ready to pay some subscription for it :up:

I think nest is good but its charting is yuk. Shoonya charts can be used once. Only they have to improve drawings part like fib extension, trendline etc. its chart is not that bad. If they give the option to make your own indicators it be good. There is not a problem yet in the data update. But yes once it stopped. I re-login and started. Nest took to much time to log in and it took less time. Maybe they can improve it more. Here one can do analysis also not available with nest. But I think if drawing part they improve and save chart template is good. If backfill 6 months great if paid version. Much much better than scalpert. Using desktop version. One more thing they have to improve that I cant drag it to a second bigger screen.

I think nest is good but its charting is yuk. Shoonya charts can be used once. Only they have to improve drawings part like fib extension, trendline etc. its chart is not that bad. If they give the option to make your own indicators it be good. There is not a problem yet in the data update. But yes once it stopped. I re-login and started. Nest took to much time to log in and it took less time. Maybe they can improve it more. Here one can do analysis also not available with nest. But I think if drawing part they improve and save chart template is good. If backfill 6 months great if paid version. Much much better than scalpert. Using desktop version. One more thing they have to improve that I cant drag it to a second bigger screen.
I spoke with their reps ,..

They said its an in-house app, so features will be added as required. A link to excel can be made but how one can fetch using RTD is a quest.

I asked them about custom indicators , better history and some easy to load charts. This one is built with .NET, but still they need to fix memory leakages, as it seems very heavy on system. So the charts become irresponsive at times. I'm not a day trader anymore so it doesnt bother me much but I would like if @Finvasia make it little lighter on system, semi or full algo support within platform for day traders.

Cheers

I would sit out the experimentation phase.

No point in risking the capital to save Rs 20/- per order
Time to transfer the trading funds . . .

Best of luck for all the early adapters :up:

I spoke with their reps ,..

They said its an in-house app, so features will be added as required. A link to excel can be made but how one can fetch using RTD is a quest.

I asked them about custom indicators , better history and some easy to load charts. This one is built with .NET, but still they need to fix memory leakages, as it seems very heavy on system. So the charts become irresponsive at times. I'm not a day trader anymore so it doesnt bother me much but I would like if @Finvasia make it little lighter on system, semi or full algo support within platform for day traders.

Cheers
I don't think it's their in-house app. Just like NEST platform was provided by Omnesys(Reuters) this Shoonya is provided by Rupeeseed. Rupeeseed charges on per user model. This might be the reason that Finvasia mentioned about platform fee in their mail.
They might hv in-house team to further customise as per the need though.