FII/FPI Analysis

pannet1

Thanks Travi. You have done a bang up job. :thanx:

From long back, it was in my back of mind to understand the entities that make the "Market", so many terms get thrown around-IPO, Pre-IPO, etc... Your thread is a wake up call to action.

Just permit me to pick your brain from time to time.:eat:
What do you want. To understand the market like a financial analyst or make money.

Traders that make money found an edge and they are repeating it again and again. If they are looking elsewhere they are just finding if they could "sharpen" their edge.

Honestly they are bored and tired of making money over and over :rofl:

What do you want. To understand the market like a financial analyst or make money.

Traders that make money found an edge and they are repeating it again and again. If they are looking elsewhere they are just finding if they could "sharpen" their edge.

Honestly they are bored and tired of making money over and over :rofl:

Pannet1,

LOL... I am not at that point where i am getting bored and tired of making money over and over...:p

I understand your point...;)

Sometimes, i read som many new things like HFT, their co-locations, the liquidty pools, brokers talking something etc.... Just makes me wonder, what else is going on behind the scenes. Hence this curiosity to know the inner mechanism...:D

pannet1

Pannet1,

LOL... I am not at that point where i am getting bored and tired of making money over and over...:p

I understand your point...;)

Sometimes, i read som many new things like HFT, their co-locations, the liquidity pools, brokers talking something etc.... Just makes me wonder, what else is going on behind the scenes. Hence this curiosity to know the inner mechanism...:D
:thumb:

curiosity is good for humans only bad for cat because it kills.

i was exactly doing this s..t of watching youtube video on HFT and how some firm had a special order type that jumps ahead of another HFT firm. How they raised a complaint to SEC, America and the case is still pending. Many of these guys (in regulating side) doesn't know what s..t is happening or getting a cut from the pie.

If the case is so in the US. Think about India. These guys could replicate the same thing in India and all 3rd world exchanges take all our money and be gone before they even smell their s..t.

achieve trading success fast. then you could sleep on the Miami beach with a girl on your back.

There is a friend of mine who never joins any job has a list of complaints against all companies and all interviewer. And he wants to sleep every noon between 1-3. Browse the internet and peruse his hobbies.

I told him that after 5 years he could still do these things but not go for any job. So its better to fail, fail and fail very young. Do things which you could do only now.

:thumb:

curiosity is good for humans only bad for cat because it kills.

i was exactly doing this s..t of watching youtube video on HFT and how some firm had a special order type that jumps ahead of another HFT firm. How they raised a complaint to SEC, America and the case is still pending. Many of these guys (in regulating side) doesn't know what s..t is happening or getting a cut from the pie.

If the case is so in the US. Think about India. These guys could replicate the same thing in India and all 3rd world exchanges take all our money and be gone before they even smell their s..t.

achieve trading success fast. then you could sleep on the Miami beach with a girl on your back.

There is a friend of mine who never joins any job has a list of complaints against all companies and all interviewer. And he wants to sleep every noon between 1-3. Browse the internet and peruse his hobbies.

I told him that after 5 years he could still do these things but not go for any job. So its better to fail, fail and fail very young. Do things which you could do only now.
Thanks Pannet for the guidance. :thumb:

I should have put my inputs in a better way. Kindly guide me in this aspect:

Reading any forum/book or watching videos of the members, shows without a doubt their elite level of competency. Random Examples: The members could be talking about some co relation of some economic indicator on an index (or) reading a options book by Nassim Taleb makes me insecure for a lack of better word considering that to grasp even two pages of his content is herculean task.

My thought process immediate goes like this, " This is the level of the players out there, there are so many things that i haven't even heard of, the amount of work i have done so far pales in comparison".

I am stuck in the rut of trying to consume as much information as i can, intuitively i know i need to focus a specific system/subject matter and master
it, start trading and achieve success. Then if needed can go for other things, because in the end the ultimate objective is making money and as long as it is achieved it shouldn't matter if the method to go about is is simple or complex.

I understand the problem and also what needs to be done. I am yet to put this into practice, may be due to lack of confidence, insecurity.. Honestly I don't know.

How should i break out of this rut?:confused:

Thanks for everything. You really touched a key subject in the area of my life...

pannet1

Thanks Pannet for the guidance. :thumb:

I should have put my inputs in a better way. Kindly guide me in this aspect:

Reading any forum/book or watching videos of the members, shows without a doubt their elite level of competency. Random Examples: The members could be talking about some co relation of some economic indicator on an index (or) reading a options book by Nassim Taleb makes me insecure for a lack of better word considering that to grasp even two pages of his content is herculean task.

My thought process immediate goes like this, " This is the level of the players out there, there are so many things that i haven't even heard of, the amount of work i have done so far pales in comparison".

I am stuck in the rut of trying to consume as much information as i can, intuitively i know i need to focus a specific system/subject matter and master
it, start trading and achieve success. Then if needed can go for other things, because in the end the ultimate objective is making money and as long as it is achieved it shouldn't matter if the method to go about is is simple or complex.

I understand the problem and also what needs to be done. I am yet to put this into practice, may be due to lack of confidence, insecurity.. Honestly I don't know.

How should i break out of this rut?:confused:

Thanks for everything. You really touched a key subject in the area of my life...
Please forgive me if I sounded rude. But actually I am not blaming you or anything.

My steps were ..

1) get a demo account with virtual money. Double it three times. Beware ... the way they have programmed it is you will win easily... but real world is different.

2) Find the smallest lot tradeable and if with your strategy you could make little profit including brokerage.

3) multiply the smallest lot tradeable x 100. That must be your account size.

4) start trading today with 1 lot try to take profit. dont put a SL but be hedged.

5) if your SL level is going to be reached, either add another lot if your original view is still the same (BULLISH/BEARISH). if not, flip i.e take opposite side of the trade.

6) fight until you win the battle. in between you may loose many wars.

7) Remember technical analysis is like a cricket commentary. You have a name for everything. We are just talking in terms of probability and with every price action change, you original view could change.

8) The ultimate reference for this is with google "Technical analysis Fallacy". You don't need to learn anything else to profit.

Good luck.

Please forgive me if I sounded rude. But actually I am not blaming you or anything.

My steps were ..

1) get a demo account with virtual money. Double it three times. Beware ... the way they have programmed it is you will win easily... but real world is different.

2) Find the smallest lot tradeable and if with your strategy you could make little profit including brokerage.

3) multiply the smallest lot tradeable x 100. That must be your account size.

4) start trading today with 1 lot try to take profit. dont put a SL but be hedged.

5) if your SL level is going to be reached, either add another lot if your original view is still the same (BULLISH/BEARISH). if not, flip i.e take opposite side of the trade.

6) fight until you win the battle. in between you may loose many wars.

7) Remember technical analysis is like a cricket commentary. You have a name for everything. We are just talking in terms of probability and with every price action change, you original view could change.

8) The ultimate reference for this is with google "Technical analysis Fallacy". You don't need to learn anything else to profit.

Good luck.
Pannet,

No not at all. You are not being rude, on the contrary you touched an underlying issue which i had to address. I am grateful for the guidance. Will read the points thoroughly and understand the essence. Thanks a bunch.

PS: Travi. I apologize if the topic got digressed due to my account...

pannet1

Pannet,

No not at all. You are not being rude, on the contrary you touched an underlying issue which i had to address. I am grateful for the guidance. Will read the points thoroughly and understand the essence. Thanks a bunch.

PS: Travi. I apologize if the topic got digressed due to my account...
Yeap. I was thinking on the same lines. Will :stop:

travi

No, not at all, it keeps the thread active :p
I've read through your posts and this threads concept isn't to present a holy grail but a very strong outlook of the current economic situation, and therefore, market conditions.
Easy to guess trending vs sideways, low vol vs volatile mkts etc.

Even while building this thread, I've not acquired 80% knowledge so I can't dump it all at once.

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
Just found FII & DII v/s Nifty on same chart..Although only for EM, missing the DM.. still helpful..daily, monthly, yearly charts on same page...

http://www.traderscockpit.com/?pageView=fii-dii-activity
My post was to help the thread better...not DM vs EM..
I wanted to say such charts of EM along with nifty is helpful..but DM is missing..if someone can combine EM&DM on similar charts.. and comparison charts...it would be more helpful... a chart is easier to read than data sheet...if we can code the logic in charts..this is easiest way...

If some one can create combined excel charts,,in the same way as analysis is done...we can put daily FII/FPI/DII data & nifty closing price on table manually everyday..

that was sense of my post.. not to hurt thread owner sentiments..travi is trying to do a good job..:)
combined data analysis makes better sense.. better if we can code all these logic to easy charts..like my example..most important along with nifty..

Last edited:

travi

I stumbled on this post a few times and it has been one of my favourites especially in this thread's context. Hope I've made the point :D
Whenever I see traders learning this method I am reminded of the following opening paragraphs in New Market Wizards by Jack Schwager. It is reproduced below :

Prologue
The Jademaster
One cold winter morning a young man walks five miles through the
snow. He knocks on the Jademaster's door.
The Jademaster answers with a broom in his hand.
"Yes?"
"I want to learn about Jade."
"Very well then, come in out of the cold."
They sit by the fire sipping hot green tea. The Jademaster presses a green stone deeply into the young
man's hand and begins to talk about tree frogs. After a few minutes, the young man interrupts.
"Excuse me, I am here to leam about Jade, not tree frogs."
The Jademaster takes the stone and tells the young man to go home and return in a week. The following
week the young man returns. The Jademaster presses another green stone into the young man's hand and
continues the story. Again, the young man interrupts. Again, the Jade-master sends him home. Weeks pass.
The young man interrupts less and less. The young man also learns to brew the hot green tea, clean up the
kitchen and sweep the floors. Spring comes.
One day, the young man observes, "The stone I hold is not genuine Jade."
I lean back in my chair, savoring the story. My student interrupts.
"OK. OK. That's a great story. I don't see what it has to do with making money. I come to you to find out
about the markets. I want to learn about the bulls and the bears, commodities, stocks, bonds, calls and
options. I want to make big money. You tell me a fable about Jade. What is this? You ..."
"That's all for now. Leave those price charts on the table. Come back next week."
Months pass. My student interrupts less and less as I continue the story of The Trader's Window.
-from The Trader's Window,
ED SEYKOTA
http://www.traderji.com/derivatives/99863-pivot-trading-new-way-trading-21.html#post1104522