FII/FPI Analysis

Trading Date: 27-Jan-2017

FII Stock Exchange EM: 1280.83
FII Stock Exchange DM: (609.53)

For the second day in a row, FII's are buying the EM which contributes to the current uptrend.
In fact, this todays NET is twice the previous high of any +/- INR value recorded in the entire month.

Values in Cr.
Travi,

I was able to study after long time.

Man, what a gem of thread you have started. It's loaded with nuggets of gold.:clapping::clapping::clapping:

My opinion is It requires multiple readings to absorb the essence. I also know there are many points, which require reading between the lines.:thumb:

Really thanks, so far i wasn't aware of the frame work that one operates i.e. Primary/Secondary Markets [Debt & Equity], Though I had an inkling which after reading your inputs have shed some light. Though the focus could be on fundamental or technical analysis it always helps to get the basics right vis a vis the structure of the markets...

Once again appreciate the effort...

Thanks

Travi,

In one of your posts, you mentioned about learning the hard way about the Debt Market. If it's all right with you , do share the experience/event. Also, your motivation to get to the bottom of this process.

Thanks

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
Is their any trading terminal which shows live FII/FPI data? Hourly update fine.. At least 15 min before market closing can help...

travi

Is their any trading terminal which shows live FII/FPI data? Hourly update fine.. At least 15 min before market closing can help...
No bhai, getting EoD data is also done to balance the scales :D
DII data is only released in NET terms(combined DM&EM) and no breakdown like FII/FPI.

travi

Travi,
In one of your posts, you mentioned about learning the hard way about the Debt Market. If it's all right with you , do share the experience/event. Also, your motivation to get to the bottom of this process.
Thanks
A pretty long story short, but when the FII where selling-off from SEP onwards,
the market realizes it later but I also offloaded Equity and started stashing in Debt MF.

Unfortunately, FII were in full dumping mode and continued while DII's were just meeting a part value.
On one of the partial capital (maybe a third) that I bought in DM lost almost 3% in the matter of few days.
I'd executed this just post DeMo expecting markets to correct a bit.

3% loss in DM is very significant :p

Therefore, always get the whole picture, if both DM&EM are dropping, park in liquid funds or FD till the smoke clears.

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader

travi

Just found FII & DII v/s Nifty on same chart..Although only for EM, missing the DM.. still helpful..daily, monthly, yearly charts on same page...
http://www.traderscockpit.com/?pageView=fii-dii-activity
That's the whole point of this thread (& my effort :p)

Getting the EM&DM is far more important that the NET EoD Totals.
Its not a big secret, but if trend with FII, you'll probably trend with Nifty.

Again, I'm still developing the thread, bcos any group can invest in midcaps etc and will not reflect on Nifty.

That's why on the link you posted, it doesn't make sense to just broadly compare NET EoD with Nifty.
Will slowly cover sector rotation etc.

A pretty long story short, but when the FII where selling-off from SEP onwards,
the market realizes it later but I also offloaded Equity and started stashing in Debt MF.

Unfortunately, FII were in full dumping mode and continued while DII's were just meeting a part value.
On one of the partial capital (maybe a third) that I bought in DM lost almost 3% in the matter of few days.
I'd executed this just post DeMo expecting markets to correct a bit.

3% loss in DM is very significant :p

Therefore, always get the whole picture, if both DM&EM are dropping, park in liquid funds or FD till the smoke clears.
Thanks travi for sharing your experience.

A small request: Are they any resources you would recommend to know in detail how the market is structured [Capital/Cash-Primary/Secondary-Debt/Equity etc...]

travi

Thanks travi for sharing your experience.

A small request: Are they any resources you would recommend to know in detail how the market is structured [Capital/Cash-Primary/Secondary-Debt/Equity etc...]
I don't think there is much out there in consolidated form, that's why I'm trying to collate it here.
Data is out there but no one will teach how to interpret :p

I don't think there is much out there in consolidated form, that's why I'm trying to collate it here.
Data is out there but no one will teach how to interpret :p
Thanks Travi. You have done a bang up job. :thanx:

From long back, it was in my back of mind to understand the entities that make the "Market", so many terms get thrown around-IPO, Pre-IPO, etc... Your thread is a wake up call to action.

Just permit me to pick your brain from time to time.:eat: