Fidelity Int opprt. fund

Dear All,

Is it worth investing in Fidelity International opportunities fund (NFO)? Im expecting to stay invested for atleast 3-4 years.

Thanks.
James.

Dear All,

Is it worth investing in Fidelity International opportunities fund (NFO)? Im expecting to stay invested for atleast 3-4 years.

Thanks.
James.
Here is the review of Fidelity International Opprtunities fund from personalfn

http://personalfn.com/research-it/mutual-funds/ipo/fidelityintl.asp

They say, they would invest 65% in indian markets and upto 30% in international markets (foreign securities) with a bias towards the Asia-Pacific markets (excluding Japan)

hi ,

I am a NRI new in the investment of Mutual fund, is it ok for a SIP of 5000 INR pm in this?

My mutual fund basics are bad, please advise

Hi Rajesh,

Fidelity intl fund is quite promising. Not because of their strategic international investment, but because of the fund house.

Fidelity has already shown lot of promise in their existing funds. Like Fidelity Equity and Special Situations. The returns are quite good with sensex benchmark.

I believe that SIP is a great way to invest. It works. So yes go ahed and invest in this fund.

Also checkout moneycontrol website to get a good picture about the fund

-Arun

I have missed the April 30 date for this fund. I want to go the SIP way. Kindly advise how do I go about. What is the loss I have had for not taking the NFO and entering it later through SIP

There is absolutely no loss. If its a decently managed fund, no matter at what price you buy it should give yield.

Take out of your mind that one has to buy at NFO period. Its not true.
Its just that these MF companies, inorder to raise their assets, do great advertizements during the launch. And of course the font size of end date increases as end date approaches. And these large sized end dates leave and impression in our mind that we missed something. But with respect to MF, one can hardly miss.

Yes. SIP would be a safe option (Note more safer, less profitable. But SIP does have a good balance).
Depending on how much you would like invest per month of your savings you could decide the SIP amount. I would suggest keep it low, as this is a new fund, Lets watch it for 6-9 months. Then you could increase/decrease SIP amount.

Consider some proven existing funds as well if you are new to MF.

-Arun

Fidelity Int opprt. fund a new offering is from a reputed house as rightly said by other traderji users. But see if you are willing to pay total loads of (3.25% extry + exit) for a new fund and a new concept of global exposure, when you have umpteen options under diversified eq funds.

Just like u finds defects in a new software funds with a new concept have to go thru the litmus test, and if you have the apetitie to take a chance please go ahead otherwise take other routes or wait for a year to see the performance.

There are few funds with global exposure hence it may be advisable to watch since RBI, SEBI are going to increase ceiling for global investments.

Tax Angle
Also note the fund can invest a max of 35% abroad only, because if it exceeds the limit it does not qualify for tax sops that equity funds enjoy, because only funds with 65% allocation to domestic equity have tax sops like tax free dividends.

Im not an expert in this field so have a second or third opinion before taking the plunge.
Other Folks Please correcte me if there is a mistake in my suggestion or tax matters

Sridhar