Fibotrader : An Excellent Free TA Software

murthymsr

hi butaTrader,

good that you could install fibotrader, though could not proceed further.
i tried to install fibotrader without success. some problem with installer, may be because of RAM/speed limitations.

by the way, what is your OS/proceessor speed/RAM?
thanks in advance.

murthymsr

Last edited:
Hi butta trader,

You will need to use Quoteman to import data into FT. It satrts automatically when you launch Ft. The icon sits in the taskbar right after the FT icon. Double click it. Go to Data->Import->ascii file. Choose the ascii file to be imported. Choose the portfolio where the data will be stored. Click Start. The Fields tab will now become visible. Make sure that the columns in your source file correspond to the column headers. If not, click on the appropriate column header and change it from the dropdown menu. Click Start.

Best regards,

Debraj

pkjha30

murthymsr said:
hi butaTrader,

good that you could install fibotrader, though could not proceed further.
i tried to install fibotrader without success. some problem with installer, may be because of RAM/speed limitations.

by the way, what is your OS/proceessor speed/RAM?
thanks in advance.

murthymsr

by the way,
Hi murthy

i just downloaded and installed it. Looks very good with lots of promises. But It loads up four screens and lot of procedures so I think it would need 256MB RAM with normal processing power (may be pentium II and above.) For others it will be painfully slow and may not work at all .It sits as a toolbar after closing all the screens.quoteman is for data imports which starts up automatically. Will use it with my downloader as see how it gels .

Regards
pankaj

dear fibotrader users,

i think it should be my duty to the new fibotrader users that
they will start their own technical analysis as soon as after installation not
to bother to customize its enviornment. for their convenience i uploaded
my own 'Main' file to Rapidshare. what u will have to do is that unzip it and paste it to
-->your drive->Fibotrader->data. restart Fibotrader.
the 'Main' file contains my own templates and sector wise break up of thousands of bse and nse stocks.
u will create your own templates.

download link :
http://rapidshare.de/files/20081969/Main.rar.html

best regards
soumya

Dear Fibotrader Users,

don't scare of building a database of thousands of stocks. which is really a daunting tusk. but i am here for for your rescue. i am going to upload it to Rapidshare. till then keep patience.

best regards,
soumya

Soumya , its good to see u in helping .
I tried imported asci files using Quoteman , the only status of importing i see is the alert messege Quotes have been imported , but the actual problem arises from here as i cant see any i,ported data , even i tried using search option or Securites management .
Please sort out this issue.
It wuld be a great help if u put out all the points what to be done after instalation.

SOUMYA B,

Impreesed by the know-how u have about Fibotrader. I could downloaded Fibotrader after 3 days of efforts. Now i want to know , how to set it for Ascii format.

I am using Fcharts with data from bse-nse2005 yahoo group. I tried to set it with Fibo but it simply refused and give me error message related to Qman and template.

I also have metastock and i could fix it to metastock option , but out of 1000+ nse scrips, only 255 could get appeared. Although with metastock all the list is shown. i don't know how to fix the preoblem with metastock either.

Since i have metastock downloader and can be exported csv data to metastock format ; is it possible to use the same even after 10 days trial period. I hope so, coz, it dosen't require any subscription for the same.

ur help is appreciated. u can contact me on [email protected]