Feedback on Avadhoot Sathe Trading Academy

okabira

*for people who fall far the trap*

why would a trader .. who is profitable ...open an academy and waste time ?

he could ..

1. Trade US market after India , or commodities after equity ...
2. Move to some European/Us states and trade Forex 24x7 .
3. Open up hedge fund , and hire traders ..
4. have a 6-month vacation on Malibu beach with his beautiful wife.

but teaching in academy .. LOL..

Why Goldman and Morgan people hire from IIM'S for trading desks .... with no trading experience as TRADERS ? ..
while they could hire people from " Avadhoot Sathe Trading Academy" who could turn 5000 to 50 lacs .. sorry near 1 Cr.
the plus is that academy people have trading experience ..

Think people.

To Mods. : If this was official Avadhoot Sathe Trading Academy thread ..
i would have not written it . But you can delete if seems inappropriate .
Thanks

trump

you seem to be satisfied with what you have ...good for you...
he is not for you....
Do you dabble with Options by any chance?
How much leverage one should use and what should be risk % of the total capital, also what is the Profit factor and Sharpe ratio for any of your strategies out of many
Please help this losing trader , I am also thinking of taking up a mentoring programme. Thank you

vishal7176

hi
I had seen his FACEBOOK ads and gone for a 1 day free seminar some time in April'17... I had earlier done a TA course from some other Trainer in thane, but was not satisfied with what i had got from them... So i decided to first check if Avadhut Sathe had anything different to offer.... What I found out is that he him self is a very aggressive trader and he seemed very passionate about teaching and he had a lot of his students success stories to show. Best part is he is a down to earth person very approachable. none of our questions went unanswered.
So i decided to do the 4 seminars series offered by him. Best part is if you dont like what or how he is teaching on the first day it self you get all your money back without any questions asked... So i knew my STOPLOSS was in place.
After finishing my 4 seminars I decided to go for his 1 year mentor program.... It has proved to be a very important decision of my life.... what i was impressed with was that in this program along with the TA he also focuses on "developing a character that deserves success.." I have just completed about 3 months of mentorship and must say it has been a Amazing ride... I have got more than what I had expected from him.
We had been for offsite training session for 4 days to Lonaval last week... These 4 days were like hardcore commando training.... there were senior mentes and OGM card holders who were also present to train us... starting from mental conditioning exercises , to live trading sessions and character building games till late night our brains were infused with all the required skills and discipline that is required for a character that deserves success...
The amount of Personal attention i am getting not just from Avadhut but also from the senior mentees is way beyond my expectations... I can keep writing about Avadhut and still it wont be enough....
I see a lot of genuineness in ASTA family

are bhai itna lamba kyoo likha hai ,
simply put here , Ledger of last 6 month , and trade details of your trading account and your so called trainer ..if its consistent and drawdon not more than 25 % of capital ( dont post 5k capital account , account 5lkh and above must )
i bet you 100 people join to avdhoot sathe program ....if you don't then SHUT your mouth and out of this place .

mastermind007

Many thanks to all those who answered to this thread friends. It is not a good idea to make fun or to speak disparagingly of those we don't know much about. A genuinely bright idea can come from any source, even a child.

Trading is a science as well as art.

@prasad, @VASANT SUKHI, I too had attended one such free seminar of his in which Mr. Sathe himself spoke whole day revealing extreme introductory level of trading which was periodically interrupted by testimonials from his past students who were all present in audience and Mr. Sathe seemed to follow a pre-determined (circular) pattern in calling out testimonials. This aspect, as far as the session was concerned, seemed to be too well orchestrated to be genuine. By my reckoning, there were close to 40 to 50 testimonials (all distinct) in space of 6 hours which is certainly an accomplishment by any means.

There are few things that have stuck out as sore thumb for me.

During the initial session of the seminar Mr. Sathe had introduced himself as engineer (I forget exactly which stream he mentioned, but mostly recollect it as him mentioning mechanical) employed as software professional and worked in multiple software companies in few different countries.

However, when one person from the audience raised query and identified himself as being retired from a Bombay Port Trust, Mr. Sathe got extremely inquisitive about him and then revealed that he himself had been employed with BPT and narrated a short story wherein he had worked up his BPT career ladder to a level where he was going to be alloted a spacious residential quarter somewhere in South Bombay/ Colaba area. Claiming that as being against his own inner voice's calling, Mr. Sathe instead of accepting the residence, decided to resign from the job and eventually moved towards more greener pastures of trading.

My guess is that his age is between 40 and 45, at most 50, I find his own career narrative contradictory and implausible.

Another more serious aspect was his aversion towards use of software in trading. He generally advocated against use of automation in trading and had negative opinion of software involved in Algorithmic trading. Given that Mr. Sathe himself claimed to be software professional, his aversion is certainly unnerving. During the evening session, one of his former students came up to stage and spoke against use of automated software in which the student shared how he had lost huge chunk of money in very short span of time relying on software. When I spoke to the same student off-stage after his testimonial, he admitted that (a) market had gap-moved against his trade (b) He had been using software with reasonable level of satisfaction for few months prior to the fatal loss. (c) He had traded on excessive leverage on that particular day.

mastermind007

are bhai itna lamba kyoo likha hai ,
simply put here , Ledger of last 6 month , and trade details of your trading account and your so called trainer ..if its consistent and drawdon not more than 25 % of capital ( dont post 5k capital account , account 5lkh and above must )
i bet you 100 people join to avdhoot sathe program ....if you don't then SHUT your mouth and out of this place .
Mind your language, vishal7176! You have no authority to ask anyone to Shut up! If you want to see the ledgers, go and approach Avadhoot Sathe himself. There is no need to speak against any Traderji member.

mastermind007

Do you dabble with Options by any chance?
How much leverage one should use and what should be risk % of the total capital, also what is the Profit factor and Sharpe ratio for any of your strategies out of many
Please help this losing trader , I am also thinking of taking up a mentoring programme. Thank you
I am curious as to how you even connected idea of "leverage" to "trading options", trump?

When you buy an option, you have to shell out 100% of premium levied ergo ... zero leverage......

When you write an option, you are required to maintain margin at exact same levels as underlying future ...

That is precisely the reason, most brokers charge a flat fee for trading options rather than % that they use in cash or futures market.

At least in India, for majority of retail traders, Leveraged trading is an idea unique to Futures trading and not to Options.

trump

I am curious as to how you even connected idea of "leverage" to "trading options", trump?

When you buy an option, you have to shell out 100% of premium levied ergo ... zero leverage......

When you write an option, you are required to maintain margin at exact same levels as underlying future ...

That is precisely the reason, most brokers charge a flat fee for trading options rather than % that they use in cash or futures market.

At least in India, for majority of retail traders, Leveraged trading is an idea unique to Futures trading and not to Options.
Buying options is not leveraged?if not How?
And my question pertaining to leverage was not confined to options, just wanted to know what kind of leverage and how much etc.
Hope this clears some confusion

HI mastermind007,

What you experienced in introductory seminar is SOP. All these "free" seminars have all these marketing related testimonials. And that is what makes them superficial and that is why you felt that it was genuine.

There are good traders who teach. I have nothing against trading seminars and these gurus. The only problem I have is with their price. ASTA charges 63,720 for their GEO seminar. That is a huge investment.

The holy grail lies in finding the perfect match of the trading methodology and your personality.

So it would be difficult to know whether Sathe's methodology will match to learner's personality.