FCharts Pro Ver. 2.0.0.3 (alpha) released

Hi All

The Alpha release of FCharts Pro Ver. 2.0.0.3 has just been released. It is for testing purposes only. Please note the following:

FCharts2 is a complete rewrite of FCharts (SE and Pro)

The goal with this rewrite is to address limitations in the current 1.x series, such as the hard limit of 20 watchlists, 10 Indices, 100 user defined indicators and so on. Where possible there will be no limits anywhere in the program.

FCharts2 features a new database engine, a refreshed user interface, and multi-threaded indicators which make better use of multi-core CPUs. However, the program will still run on modest hardware.

FCharts Pro users may contact the program author or subscribe to the FCharts 2 mailing list. Group URL: http://groups.google.com/group/fcharts2?hl=en

Where can I download the Alpha version from?
This is pasted from the 'official' FCharts forum ... at http://www.spacejock.iinet.net.au/fcforum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1305&p=5856#p5856 (Can't access it unless you are a registered member.)

Answer ...

http://www.spacejock.com/files/FCharts2ProFull.exe

or

http://www.spacejock.com/files/FCharts2ProUpd.exe

(Or Settings - Check for Update within the program itself)

Make sure the program isn't already running when you run the update.

kaly422000

the limitation of fchartse of single data base system is a big drawback. if i want nse eod, indices, bse eod and nse future . it is not managable.
dont know this drawback exits in fchart pro and also only two indiacater for se version.
although free but these version sud be a bench mark upon which one will decide wheather to buy the fchart pro.

the limitation of fchartse of single data base system is a big drawback. if i want nse eod, indices, bse eod and nse future . it is not managable.
dont know this drawback exits in fchart pro
I would suggest the limitation is your knowledge of FChartsSE. Not only do you not know what the Pro version will do, but You can try the following ...

Right click on the box (top left) that shows your exchange, and see if there is an option to 'Add a bourse' (or similar wording). Select a name and click OK. You can have as many as your computer can handle?

Then you can come back here and advise everyone of your findings.

NOTE. It is smarter to 'ask questions' rather than 'make statements'?

kaly422000

simon also know the limitation my dear friend (feelme). he suggests for making a a copy of fchartse in programme folder and creat a blank file in each folder(fchartse) called fcharts.ini then one can use more data base. but if u can manage any data base for any company or any indices( eg niftyfuture) in a single file then u can manage it by using importing price file bottom.
i use fchartse for years , its for my experimentation purpose.
my stand alone software is chartnexus where only limitation is 3 yrs data and no scanner( not so usefull).better than any comercial one.
the plus point of fchart se also for intraday facililty.
yes i didnt use fchart pro but dont consider urself a sole user of this software.

simon also know the limitation my dear friend (feelme).
There isn't one! I think he may have misunderstood what you wanted - or else I have!

i use fchartse for years ,
If you started using before April 2001, then you have a longer history of usage than I have, starting with version 1.1.17. The program was only released around Feb/Mar 2001.

dont consider urself a sole user of this software.
Fancy telling me that! I have only been providing a manual (to users who request it) world wide for the last 4 or so years.

Now try my suggestion. It works! I've just done it (again!).

kaly422000

ok , sorry for my coment.
now say how effective fchart se for intraday live chart.
i am trying various realtime data downloader like manshi rt chartsdata(loganathanon) and also quote tracker.
i have the version 1.5.97e and 1.6.11.
problem is mostly with backfilling.
u have to always on the data sources like manshi rt etc in entire trading days to have a proper charts.
chart formational(rather candle formation) is also i think not so perfect as eod