Fcharts + Ichimoku Clould

Hi Gurus,

I have been using Fcharts pro for quite a long time, and I have amibroker too. But Fcharts impressed me with its GUI and simplicity even though amibroker is way ahead of its functionalities. Hence I would like to stick with Fcharts, but I find it dificult to derive Ichimoku cloud using UDI's. I plotted some but the result was not perfect.

Does any one had tried Ichimoku cloud in Fcharts before? can someone help me with it?

Regards,
Prazy

I'm not interested in pursuing this, but you can start with the following ... from http://www.fxwords.com/u/ichimoku-cloud.html

Clearly there are many different combinations of signals from Ichimoku, and each variable affects the strength of the signal. The numerous combinations will leave some discretion to the seasoned trader.
Formulas
• Tenkan Line; (highest high + lowest low)/2 calculated over last 9 periods.
• Kijun Line; (highest high + lowest low)/2 calculated over last 26 periods.
• Chikou Span; (most current closing price plotted 26 time periods back.
• Senkou Span A; (Tenkan line + Kijun Line)/2 plotted 26 time periods ahead
• Senkou Span B; (highest high + lowest low)/2 calculated over past 52 time periods, sent 26 periods ahead.

Thank you, FMK!

I have already tried converting this formula to Fcharts based but result wasn't much fruitful. The cloud way differs from other clouds that I compared online.

these are the formula's.
UDI5: ((Highest_High[52] + Lowest_Low[52]) / 2)
UDI16: Tenkan Line: (Highest_High[9] + Lowest_Low[9]) / 2
UDI17: Kijun Line: (Highest_High[26] + Lowest_Low[26]) / 2
UDI18: Chikou Span: C[26]
UDI19: Senkou Span A: ((UDI6[-26] + UDI7[-26]) / 2)
UDI20: Senkou Span B: UDI5[-26]

Kindly correct me if you find any of the above formula needs to be changed.

Regards,
Prazy

Last edited:
Cant'see any logic errors.

Maybe the clouds you are comparing these with are variants as per my first post.

Sorry, but this is the end of my help.
FMK,

Got it to work... just removed all minus from SSA and SSB and there goes the cloud.... wow I got a formula which works like a charm :p

Thanks for helping me out.

Last edited:
The chart is missing one of its (if not the most) important components, the Chikou span which gives a confirmation of signals like the kumo breakout etc...

This is really the among topmost systems available for trading across any time frame. I use it on 1 and 3 min for intra and for swing trades on daily charts.

Gives everything one needs to know about the state of the market and near perfect signals in combination with other indicators. No tension as you collect the moolah

ciao!

UDI5: ((Highest_High[52] + Lowest_Low[52]) / 2)
UDI16: Tenkan Line: (Highest_High[9] + Lowest_Low[9]) / 2
UDI17: Kijun Line: (Highest_High[26] + Lowest_Low[26]) / 2
UDI18: Chikou Span: C[26]
UDI19: Senkou Span A: ((UDI6[-26] + UDI7[-26]) / 2)
UDI20: Senkou Span B: UDI5[-26]

can somebody suggest me....how to enter this formula into FChart....
i am new to Fcharts......so plz explain.....

Hi Naren,

If you are using Fcharts Pro then you can do this by right clicking on chat and select User-Defined Indicators and enter these formula's. The Fcharts SE version has been limited to 2 UDI's hence it is not possible in free version. you need to buy pro version to plot Ichimoku as it uses nearly 5 indicators.

Regards,
Prazy